Not bioactive yet, but heavily planted

Shanar808

Avid Member
I was inspired by CaskAbove.com and SerpaDesigns YouTube channel to create a zen garden oasis for my Jackson’s enclosure. Since she doesn’t nibble on plants I have creative freedom on my selection of plants and decor and I wanted to share the outcome with you all. 🥰

Attachments

• C8D70705-5B51-4344-B4CA-5CA442671EFE.jpeg
    C8D70705-5B51-4344-B4CA-5CA442671EFE.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 6A5FD645-B697-4D50-9FF6-A8BDFC4BFC76.jpeg
    6A5FD645-B697-4D50-9FF6-A8BDFC4BFC76.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 72
Really dope. I Fs with it.
Makes my soul happy, and my heart smile.

Only advice I want to give you is about those moss vines. They're hard to clean. But, once you make it bioactive the isopods climb up to the vines and grub on all fecal matter.
My cresties Loved to sh_t on them and I would notice the isopods having like a Last Supper on the vine and everything would be gone by the time I came back from work.

Really dope. I Fs with it.
Makes my soul happy, and my heart smile.

Only advice I want to give you is about those moss vines. They're hard to clean. But, once you make it bioactive the isopods climb up to the vines and grub on all fecal matter.
My cresties Loved to sh_t on them and I would notice the isopods having like a Last Supper on the vine and everything would be gone by the time I came back from work.
Lol, yes I noticed that the moss get yucky really quickly, especially if any pollen gets on them. I use a diluted solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide to spot clean them, but I have had less problems with it since I’ve been doing the fogging at night and shorter misting sessions. The vines totally dry out during the day and has stopped any mold from growing. 😊

Lol, yes I noticed that the moss get yucky really quickly, especially if any pollen gets on them. I use a diluted solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide to spot clean them, but I have had less problems with it since I’ve been doing the fogging at night and shorter misting sessions. The vines totally dry out during the day and has stopped any mold from growing. 😊

Do you have isopods and springtails outside you can collect ? That is what I have used mostly. I did buy spring tails as it was easier, but I don't know how necessary they are. Defiantly beneficial though. But the isopods do great work on their own.

Do you have isopods and springtails outside you can collect ? That is what I have used mostly. I did buy spring tails as it was easier, but I don't know how necessary they are. Defiantly beneficial though. But the isopods do great work on their own.
I’ve placed an order for springtails through Amazon but isn’t scheduled to get here til February (and that is if they allow the shipping to Hawaii). Isopods (rolliepollies) sound great but I gotta find a day I can take the kids somewhere to dig, my family is gonna give me some strange looks lol. You should’ve seen the reaction I got after harvesting fly pupae from the bottom of our trash when the pet stores were short on crickets 😳

I’ve placed an order for springtails through Amazon but isn’t scheduled to get here til February (and that is if they allow the shipping to Hawaii). Isopods (rolliepollies) sound great but I gotta find a day I can take the kids somewhere to dig, my family is gonna give me some strange looks lol. You should’ve seen the reaction I got after harvesting fly pupae from the bottom of our trash when the pet stores were short on crickets 😳

LOL I know how yo feel. The neighbor kids know how I am. So me and some kids that aren't mine collecting bugs is common. In the spring an summer the like to catch bugs to feed to the chams. They will eat right from their hand so the love it. And they bring me lots of rolliepollies. And then there is me running around with a giant insect net.

🤣 I can only imagine! I want to invest in that large net because every time I see a moth or beetle I’m wishing I could catch it for my little girl! I saw a HUGE moth at Ross and was like “I wonder if Alexa would even try to eat that?”

I’ll take more pics for you today, my girl is eating rn and doesn’t like when I’m up in her space with the phone lol 😝
I’m planning on adding more color towards the top but it’s an ongoing project, like the plants, my free range tree, and my little girl, they’re constantly growing. 🥰

Attachments

• 0D043DD2-DD10-4ED2-B920-5325A49C76CC.jpeg
    0D043DD2-DD10-4ED2-B920-5325A49C76CC.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 56
I was inspired by CaskAbove.com and SerpaDesigns YouTube channel to create a zen garden oasis for my Jackson’s enclosure. Since she doesn’t nibble on plants I have creative freedom on my selection of plants and decor and I wanted to share the outcome with you all. 🥰

What a true oasis!! Shrink me to size and I’d totally live here. Great inspiration ❤

If I could make one for every chameleon enclosure I totally would! Wish that could be my full time job, but the plants would need to be inside buried pots so they can be exchanged as they get eaten by the little ones. 😜

If I could make one for every chameleon enclosure I totally would! Wish that could be my full time job, but the plants would need to be inside buried pots so they can be exchanged as they get eaten by the little ones. 😜
Ehhh I do not have the luxury of pretty colors and fancy plants with my 3... We have a ton of pothos and draceana here... I have a gorgeous money tree in with Bane and turns out it is his favorite. Well it used to be gorgeous before Bane found it. Needless to say he eats it faster then it has time to grow. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom