Bioactive setup: pros and cons

I'm just using Phillips leds for my 4 foot fixture and Arcadia for Uvb. I'm assuming by 48x25x25 you mean HWL? If so you might not want to use led. If the Uvb bulb doesn't produce heat Iwould go with a fluorescent instead of led for more heat. Whatever bulb you get just make sure it runs at a light temp of 5000 kelvin, which is daylight.

So far the fluorescent bulbs I've seen in pet stores are sold as aquarium bulbs. Can they be used for terrariums as well? Oh and @jamest0o0 I've got one last stupid question for you: can I still use some fake plants and decorations in a bioactive setup? Most of the plants will be live but will the custodians clean some plastic stuff as well?

It's really not worth it to use fake plants. Ina bioactive setup they would probably just cause more trouble than they're worth. I would stick with like but if you already have fake vines or something that's fine. Idk about aquarium vs terrarium bulbs. You can order some from 1000bulbs.com or just go to lowes/ whatever hardware store is near you. It doesn't need to be specified terrarium bulbs, just a good color temp and safe.

Ok, thanks, will think about it some more then. I just got this leafy-flowery thing which I thought would look great wrapped around the vines and branches. I also don't mind washing it every once in a while if it makes any difference :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom