Not a good day

gregdabender

Today Maggie my 8 month old panther lost her fight with URI. Her had been treated with Bayril 4 weeks prior and it seemed to had worked. Before her treatment she had typical signs of URI. After the first round of Baytril she seemed to have recovered nicely from it. This Tuesday I noticed she had some dried mucus on her lips and when I opened her mouth I saw some excessive mucus so I changed her bulb to a higher wattage and made a appointment with my vet.....and when I got home from work today she had passed.

She passed so quickly just Tuesday and Wensday I had her out to weight her and though she was showing signs of URI again.....she didnt "look" like she was close to dying.....Sad sad day for me she was a total sweetheart.

So many things are running through my head..........Im gonna miss her

A tribute to Maggie

Baby Maggie when I first got her at about 3 months
2008_0708july0013-1.jpg

Hanging outside
DSCF1465.jpg

Such a pretty girl....at around 6 months
DSCF1391-1.jpg

This was taken while she was being treated with Baytril for her URI.
DSC_0012.jpg

I am sorry for your loss. She was a very pretty cham. I hear Baytril is a tough medication to go through.

Sorry for your lost! I know nothing about URI but what is the signs? I tried searching but you must use more then three letters when searching on the forums.

Upper respiratory infection. Signs to look for is excessive mucus. It looks thick and stringy when they open their mouths. Youll also hear popping in their breathing.

I'm getting bayril for my cham at the moment. I'm sorry for your loss. Do you think the bayril helped??

Your little girl looks just like mine. It really struck home. I send you my deepest sympathies.

I'm getting bayril for my cham at the moment. I'm sorry for your loss. Do you think the bayril helped??

I do think the Baytril helped her URI...and the Baytril very well could have been the cause of her sudden death. It is a very powerful drug and can cause severe reactions in chameleons.

I would pursue alternate remedies before you try baytril. Change your basking bulbs to a higher wattage and if possible remove any mucus you can with a Q-tip. I was going to try to supplement Maggie with Reptaid as well to help boost immunities but I did not get a chance to do it.

I am sorry to hear about your chameleon. It is so hard to loose one:(

Do you know how she came down with the infection?

Back
Top Bottom