Nosy Faly Eggs!

DJnSoCal

Established Member
Just wanted to share a few pictures of Rose's first clutch (WC Nosy Faly). The veterinarian said he didn't think she was gravid... Sixteen eggs later :eek: SURPRISE!

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

Wow! cool beans! Kinda like Jelly beans actually..... didn't know they'd be so tiny, great pix! ;)

You knew EXACTLY how big they were going to be, you're smart like that and have done A LOT of research! ;) Hopefully they will all make it... I want to raise them up and see how they look (perhaps keep the entire clutch).

So excited for these precious beans! Does this mean I get to be Unlce Chad?!?! :D

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does! I hope you have your cricket-hatching techniques mastered by the time these babies start breaking out! Let's hope they are Faly's... they could be anything!

congrats!!

huh:confused:

When you get a WC female, you take a risk that they could be not what they are supposed to be. The females all look so much the same. This is why when you deal with WC females, you have to grow your babies up a bit to "proof" them. :rolleyes:

When you get a WC female, you take a risk that they could be not what they are supposed to be. The females all look so much the same. This is why when you deal with WC females, you have to grow your babies up a bit to "proof" them. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I know there were some Ambanja's in the same order... either way, it will be a pleasant surprise! She came to me already gravid...

You knew EXACTLY how big they were going to be, you're smart like that and have done A LOT of research! ;) Hopefully they will all make it... I want to raise them up and see how they look (perhaps keep the entire clutch).

EEEERHEM! or giving one to Trevor if they are in fact Faly's so he can do the same in return! :)

Ah ok, I missed the part about her being WC. Thanks guys.

I have to admit though, even tho I'm not a fan of crosses, I think a falay and Ambanja would make for some very pretty babies.

Ah ok, I missed the part about her being WC. Thanks guys.

I have to admit though, even tho I'm not a fan of crosses, I think a falay and Ambanja would make for some very pretty babies.

I don't think it would be a cross... Maybe I could send one to Uncle Pure for you to "proof?" :D I can see it now... a small box with a note left on your doorstep... little orphan annie-esque. :)

LOL I get it now. Sometimes I'm guilty of not reading the whole posting in pic threads. She came in to you gravid and lade. Still very cool indeed!

Okay, I splurged...

I have a couple hovabators, but It's been really hot in Southern California lately... look what came in the mail today! :D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 144
Nice! How many egg containers will fit in that fridge? I've been really considering one, too, but had decided to go buy a room AC tomorrow.

Nice! How many egg containers will fit in that fridge? I've been really considering one, too, but had decided to go buy a room AC tomorrow.

Well, depends on how big your containers are. :D I think I could fit 5 or 6 large ones (like the ones in the picture). If I condensed the eggs a bit then I could put a bunch. It will hold 30 12 oz cans or 5 2-liter bottles. Hope that helps!!

I have a large hunk of steel I'm going to put in there to help balance any temperature changes. It's the end of a LARGE sledge hammer.

Back
Top Bottom