Normal Bone or Something Broken?

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
I just noticed a little bump hear my cham's shoulder and I haven't seen her neglecting that leg or anything, so I didn't think she had any pain, but it only shows up in this position. I apologize for the blurry picture. Is it the equivalent of a shoulder blade? Or time for a vet?

I also have been struggling to get heat to her basking spot. It isn't too low down, about 5 inches from the light, a standard incandescent, but when I took the temp, it was barely 70. She has been obvisouly camping out on the screen closer to the basking light but I want to get something else figured out. The bulbs are standard incandescent 60W. Do I need to increase the wattage?
Screenshot_20190215-112103.png

I don't know about the bone... But for the heat you can increase your light bulb wattage to achieve higher temps. Try a 75 watt and test your temp. :)

I really would sware I saw a thread somewhere on the forum with something similar to this. It was like under shoulder bone or scapula. Ugg I don't remember though. :(

I honestly don't know what that is. The scapula runs from the top of the humerus (upper arm bone) up to the spine. That appears to run the wrong way.

ha I found it lol https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/so-worried.167181/#post-1451578
Not sure what all was actually discussed further in this one though.
Thank you so much. I still don't get why multiple chameleons have it, but maybe it's just when they hold it in an odd or specific position. As long as it's not hindering her movement or causing her any evident pain, I think I should just leave it be. If I see swelling or something, to the vet we shall go.

Thank you so much. I still don't get why multiple chameleons have it, but maybe it's just when they hold it in an odd or specific position. As long as it's not hindering her movement or causing her any evident pain, I think I should just leave it be. If I see swelling or something, to the vet we shall go.
Your welcome;) Yeah that was what I was thinking too. Unless you see anything else wrong leave it be for now.

Back
Top Bottom