NO LOCUSTS AVAILABLE IN OUR AREA !!!

Smiles

Ohhh dear..... if things aren’t scary enough with the covid-19 terror...... this morning I visited all 5 pet shops in my area ( West Sussex) and there are no live foods ! What can anyone suggest for panther chameleons!! ....
Any ideas ? Helllllp ! ?

Ohhh dear..... if things aren’t scary enough with the covid-19 terror...... this morning I visited all 5 pet shops in my area ( West Sussex) and there are no live foods ! What can anyone suggest for panther chameleons!! ....
Any ideas ? Helllllp ! ?

Yikes! Sorry to hear your situation. I’m sure there’s a member on here that could help you. Maybe someone local to you can help you out that breeds feeders.

My best suggestion is to catch some wild bugs if need be. That’s if you’re allowed to.

Chams can go a while without eating so don’t worry too much. Maybe look into breeding some feeders yourself in case this sort of things persists. Someone else might chime in with a better answer. Hang tight.

Any ideas ? Helllllp ! ?
1. rainbowmealworms.com
2. thecritterdepot.com

it's expensive, but you can choose fast shipping. Otherwise they will arrive in around a week.

I’m in West Sussex too but I order all mine from internetreptile.com
just ordered me some locusts and they are doing a special offer for live food deliveries for £2.99 under £20 or free over.

Swellreptiles is excellent too. Ebay might be possible too.
And you could buy some dubia roaches and get a colony going, then you always have emergency food available.

do they ship to the US? Their prices are ridiculously low.

No, importing bugs into the US is extremely difficult, and Law (Red Tape) ridden. OP is not in the US.

People get into a lot of trouble for importing bugs into the US, without proper paperwork, permits, fees paid, ect.

Thank you! I’ll try anything ? I was considering waggling spam on a toothpick !!! .... I have two baby panthers in two Viv’s... she’ll eat anything, no matter how disgusting ..... he is a sulky, fussy eater, who has recently decided he’ll only eat morio worms ( and yes I know they are too fatty) I guess if he gets hungry enough, a British moth will be delicious! ?

Thank you everyone.... I used eBay, and upped my game on looking after live feed ? our female panther is happily stuffing her face .... but my young chap has stopped eating completely..... soooo, one problem solved .... and a new one has appeared. I’ve owned, horses, cats, dogs, ferrets, koi, discus.... and I fostered birds of prey ( as well as hatching and keeping a European eagle owl for 28 years...) and this tiny, beautiful, incredible chameleon has stolen my heart... and become the most high maintenance, awkward little monster I’ve ever encountered.... not to mention the cost !!!

Thank you everyone.... I used eBay, and upped my game on looking after live feed ? our female panther is happily stuffing her face .... but my young chap has stopped eating completely..... soooo, one problem solved .... and a new one has appeared. I’ve owned, horses, cats, dogs, ferrets, koi, discus.... and I fostered birds of prey ( as well as hatching and keeping a European eagle owl for 28 years...) and this tiny, beautiful, incredible chameleon has stolen my heart... and become the most high maintenance, awkward little monster I’ve ever encountered.... not to mention the cost !!!

Lol you've had all those animals, but chams are the expensive ones?

ferrets are pretty high maintenance if you let them free roam. They will steal your most valuable possesions and hide them.

ferrets are pretty high maintenance if you let them free roam. They will steal your most valuable possesions and hide them.
Yes!.... so true! Mine ( a lone neutered Male) free roamed with cat and terrier... until one day my pc’s keyboard was missing. Of course they all blamed each other... but I wish I’d had film of ferret getting THAT through the cat flap!! ?

Back
Top Bottom