Night time humidity - Central FL

Kask_86

Hi all,
My family will likely be getting a Panther Chameleon in a few weeks. As I'm getting things set up, I have read that you want to have nighttime RH to be between 80 and 100%. To help facilitate this, the latest and greatest is fogging in the early morning with the caveat that the temps be in the mid 60s to avoid URIs.

Unfortunately, I live in Central FL, where the AC runs most of the day to keep the house at 76 with an RH of about 49%. To get temps down in the 60s would cost a significant amount of money for the power.

What are Cham keepers doing in similar circumstances to achieve acceptable nightime humidity?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi and welcome. :) I’m in Brevard county and have that exact dilemma. I’ve even tried a room ac in addition to the central and still my temps were above 70. Since I can’t get it cool enough, I forego having the humidity boost so high. Instead of fogging, I run my mist king for a 15 second spurt around 3 or 4 AM. It gives a small boost, but not enough to risk respiratory infection.

Great and thanks for the info! Once I get everything set up, I'll give it a go. I am just a bit north of you, so I hope it'll have a similar effect.

Back
Top Bottom