night lighting?

if your house stays in the sixties most likely you are good and dont need any night light or heat. the night temp drop is ok. Night lighting is a bad idea anyways might disturb your cham

There should be no lights on at night. chameleons won't sleep if there are lights on. do not listen to companies that say a cham can't see the red night lights... they can. if you need to provide heat at night because your night temps get down into the 50's then use a ceramic heater.

There should be no lights on at night. chameleons won't sleep if there are lights on. do not listen to companies that say a cham can't see the red night lights... they can. if you need to provide heat at night because your night temps get down into the 50's then use a ceramic heater.

you're right...I had an red Infrared light on my jackson, and it didn't seem to bother him at first, but within a week I noticed he wouldn't go to sleep unless the IR light was off as well. Shame they falsely put it on the boxes that they can't see it.

you're right...I had an red Infrared light on my jackson, and it didn't seem to bother him at first, but within a week I noticed he wouldn't go to sleep unless the IR light was off as well. Shame they falsely put it on the boxes that they can't see it.

well it is semi true they can't see 'red'... they just see it as a blue green light... I need to dig up the article but Dr. Baines (of UV Guide) had responded to me once telling me about the red lights and how reptiles perceive the light.

Back
Top Bottom