Daily schedule lighting/fogging/misting

Briannarosexx

Hi all! Setting up my 2x2x4 reptibreeze. I purchased a male panther Cham juvi. I am questioning what everyone’s lighting/misting/fogging schedules are? I am located in NY and pretty dry here at night with my heat in house. Tia !!! :)

Hello, this is the Chameleon Academy schedule that I use. You may have to adapt it depending on your conditions. My schedule is the exact same. Here is a link to a hydrating article from Chameleon Academy: Chameleon Academy Hydration Article. And this is a video from Neptune the Chameleon hydration: Neptune the Chameleon Hydration Video. I hope these help you! 😁

Attachments

• 70D89E06-4425-4CAB-A8A2-2AD331D30C05.jpeg
    70D89E06-4425-4CAB-A8A2-2AD331D30C05.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 28
I’m in Florida and even though it’s like a hot swamp outside, I keep my house ac on almost year round which is also a bit drying. I run my Mist Kings for two minutes right before lights go on and off and for one minute during the mid day. I do not use a fogger at night because I can’t achieve low enough temps for it. (Need temp of at least 68 or below to fog at night) I do give a subtle humidity boost at night by running a couple of 15 second mistings (midnight and 5 AM).

If you are having trouble looking for information on chameleon husbandry 2 great places to try (from personal experience) are :Neptune the Chameleon (YouTube and website) and Chameleon Academy (YouTube, Website, and app). Let us know how you and your cham are going!

Hello and welcome! My schedule is below:

All my chameleons are in hybrid enclosures to help hold in humidity and temps necessary for my chameleon's needs.

7:45 - mist for 2 minutes
8:00 - heat light on
8:30 - UVB light on
9:00 - Plant lights on (I am trying to replicate the sun rising and the sun setting by staggering my light schedule)
3:00 - Plant lights & UVB lights off (simulating cloud cover for afternoon rain)
3:30 - Mist for 2 minutes
4:00 - UVB on
4:15 - Plant lights on
7:00 - Plant lights off
7:30 - UVB off
7:45 - Mist for 2 minutes
8:00 - heat light off
9:00 - Mist for 1 minute
1:00 - Mist for 1 minute
1:00 - 6:00 am - Fogger is on

My heat lights are all on dimmers and are programed to get no warmer than 80 degrees.
I live in Utah - its very dry here :(

Back
Top Bottom