Newbie mom

I’m going to go every two weeks with calcium and D3
What do you mean? Every feeding should be dusted with calcium without d3 phosphorus free and Saturday like you said you can alternate between the calcium with d3 phosphorus free and the multivitamins (if they don’t have d3)

What do you mean? Every feeding should be dusted with calcium without d3 phosphorus free and Saturday like you said you can alternate between the calcium with d3 phosphorus free and the multivitamins (if they don’t have d3)
My apologies for confusion, I do dust Roger’s crickets with calcium every day. The multivitamins I acquired for him do have D3 in them. I can return and get the version without of course.

I have an 8 month old male veiled chameleon and I feed him 4-5 bugs every other day. When I first got him at 6 months, I fed him about 6 bugs every other day. Your guy seems a little younger. This is a link to what The Chameleon Academy says about feeding. If you scroll down a little, you will find a chart with the recommended amount of food based on age, species, and sex. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this info. I don’t want to starve him but am concerned I may be over feeding the little rascal. He loves his food 😊

My apologies for confusion, I do dust Roger’s crickets with calcium every day. The multivitamins I acquired for him do have D3 in them. I can return and get the version without of course.
It’s fine! You can if you would like, if you use the ones with d3 you’d only use those twice a month and none of the calcium with d3. While if you used the multivitamins without d3 you’d alternate between the two

After a crazy search for a few days, I finally found golden pothos and it was right under my nose... at the Reptile Store where I adopted Roger ironically! They’re only small plants, but will somehow rig them into his enclosure after they’re washed. 😊

Thank you! I had a duh moment which I just posted in another reply (I think lol). Searched high and low at every nursery and Lowe’s/Rona in my area for pothos, but discovered The Reptile Store I adopted him from sells small ones so I bought 2 today. Just need to figure out a way to attach them in small pots to his screened enclosure.

Thank you! I had a duh moment which I just posted in another reply (I think lol). Searched high and low at every nursery and Lowe’s/Rona in my area for pothos, but discovered The Reptile Store I adopted him from sells small ones so I bought 2 today. Just need to figure out a way to attach them in small pots to his screened enclosure.
You can use dragon strand ledges! Also you can buy more of the small ones and just plant them together, I did that with one of mine. You can also unscrew one of the screens a little and put the plant with garden wire through and then screw it back.

Pothos is a fast grower—glad you found some. Mine is growing from a pot on the floor, climbing up a ceiling egg crate trellis against the back wall.

To mount one higher up (trailing), you can get some aluminum stock (bar, angle, or channel, whichever you prefer) at Lowes Depot, etc. and some stainless steel sheet metal screws. Cut the aluminum to fit the inside frame, drill a hole at each end, and attach to the frame with the sheet metal screws. Then attach the pot to the aluminum with zip-ties.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/little-positive-things.180671/

You can use dragon strand ledges! Also you can buy more of the small ones and just plant them together, I did that with one of mine. You can also unscrew one of the screens a little and put the plant with garden wire through and then screw it bac
Pothos is a fast grower—glad you found some. Mine is growing from a pot on the floor, climbing up a ceiling egg crate trellis against the back wall.

To mount one higher up (trailing), you can get some aluminum stock (bar, angle, or channel, whichever you prefer) at Lowes Depot, etc. and some stainless steel sheet metal screws. Cut the aluminum to fit the inside frame, drill a hole at each end, and attach to the frame with the sheet metal screws. Then attach the pot to the aluminum with zip-ties.

https:

Thank you for Dragon Strand recommendation! So innovative. I’ll be getting a larger enclosure for Roger as he’s currently in an 18x18x36 which suits him well for now but I know it won’t in a few months or less. Hoping to purchase one of the Dragon Strand enclosures and just waiting confirmation that they’ll ship to Canada.

As far as the pothos is concerned, I will use the recommendations and try to rig. As this is Roger’s temporary enclosure, do you think the MagNaturals planters would suffice for now? I plan on using his current enclosure as an outdoor one in the summer when I’m working from home in the backyard during the day.

Back
Top Bottom