Newbie Inspiration and hope... Yes you can do this!

Thanks I am not really sure how to post a thread. I think a done it once but cant remember what I did (new to this and new phone) someone recommended lower temp for female (maybe just when gravid) she is in exo terra at present but have just got a repti breeze but not quite sure what is the best way to secure perches and stuff from the outside
There are a lot of us here that would be happy to help you. So if you go to this link https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/health-clinic.7/ and click post thread you will be able to start a new one and title it husbandry review. One of us will add the form for you to fill out. It is much easier if you do it on a computer.

There are a lot of us here that would be happy to help you. So if you go to this link https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/health-clinic.7/ and click post thread you will be able to start a new one and title it husbandry review. One of us will add the form for you to fill out. It is much easier if you do it on a computer.
Like Beman said, you can post it on the health-clinic forum tab. If your on phone the post thread option is up near the top of the page. @Flick boy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-154324~2.png
    Screenshot_20200813-154324~2.png
    189 KB · Views: 140
So what link can you recommend for how to best attach branches perches and stuff to repti breeze enclosures

And if you don't buy the dragon ledges, you could always try a similar idea used to attach them to ledges. Drill small holes all the way through on each end or one end of the sticks, then you could take some small crafting wire and run it through the stick and through your screen and tie it off. ?

Oo you must be excited. He is she was sold as male. Mystique formerly zeus. Yes ok I think will get a pic in a bit. Still have too go out and do a bit of shopping if I'm not bankrupt lol between her and my other 3 pets.

What are the 2 dome fixtures
My cages are wider formats then the standard. I do not like using high wattage bulbs to achieve the temps I want and I use the 5.5 inch domes so they fit perfectly in my stands. This smaller dome fixture creates a smaller area of heat IME. So each one houses an incandescent bulb for heat. This creates a bit wider area for basking (10 inch) rather then a smaller area. Both of these are hooked into a herpstat 2 which controls the output of the bulbs to achieve the set temp I want. I keep my basking lamps exactly 12 inches away from the basking area as well so getting temps even to 80 at basking was not happening with a single dome and the format of my cage and what I wanted to use. LOL I am a bit picky with details in my setup.

Not sure its a great picture sorry probably looks rubbish lol View attachment 274719
So your off to a great start... Only thing that stands out to me is how high you have the branches depending on the fixture used and the UVB bulb strength the top branches may be too close to the top. Small zip ties will help you secure the branches to one another so they do not shift as well. Then clean cut the ends of the tie that sticks out so it is not sharp.

Read through the modules in the link. It is an amazing husbandry program and will go over every single detail of set up. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Then when you start a thread we can give you additional support as well. :)

Ok nothing is fixed in place. So I built wooden frame to sit on top of the enclosure which an exo terra bracket will b fixed for heat iam currently using a lr mini sun 35 watt in my exo terra basking 26 Celsius which is around 12 inches away . My arcadia t5 pro d3 12%is around 8 inches away in my current tank and probably the same in new tank. I built the frame so I could raise fixtures up or else whats the point in having a 4ft enclosure if iam not going to utilise the top 1 foot

Ok nothing is fixed in place. So I built wooden frame to sit on top of the enclosure which an exo terra bracket will b fixed for heat iam currently using a lr mini sun 35 watt in my exo terra basking 26 Celsius which is around 12 inches away . My arcadia t5 pro d3 12%is around 8 inches away in my current tank and probably the same in new tank. I built the frame so I could raise fixtures up or else whats the point in having a 4ft enclosure if iam not going to utilise the top 1 foot
A 12% bulb is going to produce much higher uvb output. I would suggest dropping back to a 6% if you stay with the 12% you need a 12 inch distance to basking. Babies screen climb though so that has to be considered. The first image in this link will give you specifics for safety raising a fixture a certain distance above so that when they screen climb they are still in a safe UVI range https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

I see a lot of people on recommending 12 % and 10 % repti sun. But I will stick uv meter blow it to see

Back
Top Bottom