New veiled not eating yet

You should look back at all of the advice that Beman gave us at the beginning of this thread. There is a TON to think through and learn before you start caring for one of these amazing creatures. Mealworms are not good for Chams. Up above in the thread there are also good pictures of charts showing what to feed your cham and what to feed the crickets before you feed them to the cham.
I already feed the crickets carrots and okay I’ll stop feeding her mealworms my only question how do I get her to start eating out of a feeder

@Troodlesn 2 years ago (I was only 11!) I got jasmine my female veiled at about 5 months old. We had her in an 18x18x18 cage with all fake plants and wrong uvb etc. It has taken some time and a lot of work, but with help from these forums it was all good and now she is 2. Same goes with my panther. If you do everything being recommended(which you are) then it will be fine:). After you nail the husbandry there is actually not much maintenanc.

Attachments

• 50FBA783-9B84-40A6-88AC-D4F4E96C0200.jpeg
    50FBA783-9B84-40A6-88AC-D4F4E96C0200.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 89BBB8FC-B853-4002-B6AF-6799E1EB024E.jpeg
    89BBB8FC-B853-4002-B6AF-6799E1EB024E.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 374078A2-DF48-4AA6-9D56-511D63876478.jpeg
    374078A2-DF48-4AA6-9D56-511D63876478.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 65
@Beman Thank you again! Yes, they're in a cricket keeper with tubes. We were just shaking the tubes right into the feeder, which wasn't working too well! The harder part was getting the crickets out of the feeder itself in order to relocate it though. We're learning the hard way with a lot of this.

So, right now, the crickets are sitting perfectly still in the feeder. If we tap on the feeder, they move a bit, but not much. About 12 of them can squeeze into the top edge of it and hide there! Maybe Ellie just needs to use the money she got from returning the waterfall and buy an actual shooting range. ?
Gotcha so then have her go from tubes into a plastic cup then pour into the run. There needs to be a branch within inches of the run as well for easy access. Baby needs to start eating soon though.

If you have a cat, you won’t have to worry about loose crickets. :)
The thing is me and my dad are both very allergic to cats. Even if I’m just in the same house as them for a few hours my eyes get itchy my throat gets itchy etc. I’m also allergic to dogs. Even “hypoallergenic” ones. If they lick my face my eyes and my nose gets itchy

Gotcha so then have her go from tubes into a plastic cup then pour into the run. There needs to be a branch within inches of the run as well for easy access. Baby needs to start eating soon though.
Yes, the plastic cup is the link we've been missing. There is a branch that goes right in front of the feeder - like 2 inches behind it, running parallel to the doors of the enclosure. We agree!! Hopefully, we will see him eat something tomorrow. ?

Back
Top Bottom