New UVB Bulb Cham wont bask?

Escalade

I upgraded from an 18 inch to a 24 inch 5.0 uvb for my FR 2 days ago and my panther cham now wont go to the top of the branches were his basking spot is. He just hinds under the foliage. The temps are normal anyone have an idea to why he is doing this?

I upgraded from an 18 inch to a 24 inch 5.0 uvb for my FR 2 days ago and my panther cham now wont go to the top of the branches were his basking spot is. He just hinds under the foliage. The temps are normal anyone have an idea to why he is doing this?

It's possible hes just weary that something changed.. I'd give him a day or two to get used to it. A much bigger object above him.. IMO.
I can't think of anything else causing an issue with that

These bulbs can vary ALOT new with thier output.... It may well be too close. I recommend a Solar Meter to every cham owner!;)

My immediate guess would be that you effectively increased the light/UVB output by 30%. Before he was probably sitting out to "get enough" and maybe now he is hiding cause there is "too much"? Just a thought....see if his behavior changes if you elevate the bulb more (assuming this is possible)

also, give the bulb a few days of burn-in time to adjust, but if it continues to be an issue I would consider at least testing the smaller bulb again (or if accessible, comparing solarmeter readings)

Back
Top Bottom