Basking heat light vs basking UVB

finalflash

Ok so trying to connect the dots in my head ...scarry i know lol....and get the enclosure and actual peak temperature in line...
So, as i try to work this out logically the heat basking light is truly more the AM warmup and to maybe sit under after being fed to help digest... and to help maintain the overall temp of the enclosure.
The UVB basking is for overall health and to aid in metabolizing calcium etc...
The reason i ask as is in trying to keep the temps in range i see my girl go under the heat light first thing and after being fed then she moves to sit under the UVB strip....or maybe go hide in the plants when the scarry mister comes on.
To keep temps a little lower wouldn't it follow logic to cut the duration of the heat light as she does not seem to go back to that spot ?

You need a gradient. As long as the high point isnt in the mid 90's, you should be fine. I always have multiple angles. So the basking is at a 45 degree angle so the hot spot is a wide oval instead of a concentrated circle. And the sticks do not run parrellel with the lights, they are also at angles so they can get as close or far as they need/want. I just make sure that whatever combo, they dont end up in the danger zone for UVB or burn.

Back
Top Bottom