New to the site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duffield, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Buicalvin22

Buicalvin22 New Member

Hi, welcome to forums!

2. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

Welcome @Duffield i just read over your thread ? How is your baby doing ?

Duffield likes this.
  3. Duffield

Duffield Member

On her side

4. Duffield

Duffield Member

Yes, I have replaced my poor girl with another. I know ow a lot more and have upgraded my cages with hydration systems. Here is a picture of my new girl.

Attached Files:

5. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

Oh my gorgeous !.

Duffield likes this.
  6. CamrynTheCham22

CamrynTheCham22 Avid Member

Woah! What species is that? I am not familiar with it.

7. VerucaSalt

VerucaSalt Established Member

Whoa--elephant ear cham? He's adorable!!

8. VerucaSalt

VerucaSalt Established Member

Uvb--get a linear bulb for him--the tightly wooven screen and that style of bulb barely allow them to get any uvb.

(I just switched as well after one of the chain pet stores sold me a very similiar set up and our Cham kept getting sick.)

The plants will need a plant light also--i just asked a bunch of ?s myself about these as well and was told the Jungledawn megaspot bulb was excellent, but pricey, but that a 5500k-6500k would be a great linear ho bulb for the plants to flourish and keep my lil guy healthy and happy.

Good luck, it's a very quick leaning curve unfortunately, but I cannot imagine a better spot to be in for that honestly. I just disregard anything the chain stores tell me now....really. Everything is marked up, none of the animals are housed properly at our particular Petco chain, and they had me so misinformed, I feel lucky my lil guy is still active and recovering from it all.

It would be a good idea to get a fecal test done on your new little guy, esp if you have other lizards about the house to make sure he is parasite free. Not at the pet store you got him from, they don't typically see an exotic vet at all, at least at ours their "health warranty" means they'll give you a new one when they don't treat the sick one -_-.

9. jamest0o0

jamest0o0 Chameleon Enthusiast

Wait so your chameleon died and you went ahead and got a female parsons?.... that's a gigantic leap

Hopefully you're ready for that commitment. Good luck

Kristen99, leedragon and VerucaSalt like this.
  10. Duffield

Duffield Member

I will be taking her to the vet ASAP. I got her from a breeder so she should be good till then. To be honest I now have two Panthers and a Parson's.

11. jamest0o0

jamest0o0 Chameleon Enthusiast

Did you get her from Craig? If so I'm not worried because he probably talked you through everything. They benefit from large enclosures, tons of misting, and a large variety of feeders.

VerucaSalt likes this.
  12. Duffield

Duffield Member

The male had a little mouth rot but he is now on .5 Baytnl once a day. He lost a little of his lip but is doing much better.

Attached Files:

13. Duffield

Duffield Member

oops, the last one was a chick from the bar im stalking.

14. Duffield

Duffield Member

15. Decadancin

Decadancin Moderatoris Americanus
    Staff Member

Someone sold you a chameleon with mouth rot? Did I miss something here?

16. Duffield

Duffield Member

My panther from lllreptile did have mouth rot yes. But he was only 170 and he is my good friend. The Parsons is perfect