New to the site

Yes, I have replaced my poor girl with another. I know ow a lot more and have upgraded my cages with hydration systems. Here is a picture of my new girl.

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 106
Uvb--get a linear bulb for him--the tightly wooven screen and that style of bulb barely allow them to get any uvb.

(I just switched as well after one of the chain pet stores sold me a very similiar set up and our Cham kept getting sick.)

The plants will need a plant light also--i just asked a bunch of ?s myself about these as well and was told the Jungledawn megaspot bulb was excellent, but pricey, but that a 5500k-6500k would be a great linear ho bulb for the plants to flourish and keep my lil guy healthy and happy.

Good luck, it's a very quick leaning curve unfortunately, but I cannot imagine a better spot to be in for that honestly. I just disregard anything the chain stores tell me now....really. Everything is marked up, none of the animals are housed properly at our particular Petco chain, and they had me so misinformed, I feel lucky my lil guy is still active and recovering from it all.

It would be a good idea to get a fecal test done on your new little guy, esp if you have other lizards about the house to make sure he is parasite free. Not at the pet store you got him from, they don't typically see an exotic vet at all, at least at ours their "health warranty" means they'll give you a new one when they don't treat the sick one -_-.

I will be taking her to the vet ASAP. I got her from a breeder so she should be good till then. To be honest I now have two Panthers and a Parson's.

Did you get her from Craig? If so I'm not worried because he probably talked you through everything. They benefit from large enclosures, tons of misting, and a large variety of feeders.

The male had a little mouth rot but he is now on .5 Baytnl once a day. He lost a little of his lip but is doing much better.

Attachments

• unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 103
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 91
My panther from lllreptile did have mouth rot yes. But he was only 170 and he is my good friend. The Parsons is perfect

Back
Top Bottom