New to the forums!

K cool. Was also wondering because atm I have a 3-4 month old veiled chameleon, and since I kinda have been giving him/her an unlimited supply, wanted to make sure I’m not over feeding

Here’s some more pics of him/her.
062E684A-E8CF-490E-B74C-50C9DE7C35E5.jpeg
BDCCF203-BBA8-48D2-96AC-1B346745C53F.jpeg

Definitely keep an eye on her hanging directly underneath the basking lamp like that, she could overheat easily. She could be crawling under it like that because you don't have any branches or foliage at a suitable range from the lamp. Also welcome to the forums! ^_^ cute chameleon!

Ok. I have been measuring with a temp gun that measures temperature so that may be why I am thinking it is different than the air temperature is? So I guess I’ll put a digital gauge on the current basking spot, see if it is warm enough. I also do have a dimmer on the heat lamp though, so I dimmed it down when I noticed him/her up there.

Also sometimes my chameleon will be up there, but sometimes will just be fine basking at the actual basking spot? Any idea why?

And also anything wrong or that could be improved with my husbandry? I filled out the form like the second message in this thread. ?

Back
Top Bottom