New to forum sharing pictures of my jacksons

sayfoosay

Hey guys im new to the forums and wanted to say hi and share a couple pictures of my baby jackson chameleons i have 2 (not fully sure on the sex yet lol) there only a week and some days old ... born on 02/08/13 around 11:00 ... the mother gave birth to 11 babies unfortunately only 2 survived most weren't fully developed and other landed in a water fountain... ( the mother and father are my managers but he has them in display at my job .. carwash... for the customers to enjoy and they all have fallen in love with them... that day we were busy and didnt notice the babys till one was crawling on the screen cage) well thats it for today i will keep yall updated on how there doing... thanks guys enjoy the pictures :D

this is one i call it cousin itt since im not sure of the sex yet ( the name is from the addams family) the name might change after i get to know the personality better :)

This one i call nemo i as you can see why the arm wasnt fully developed
but nemo is doing great has learned to walk alot better with in a week :D

This is the mother her name is gracie i believe she was still pregnant at the time of this picture. Shes been doing great also.

and finally this is the father sparky even though he always looks grumpy hes the sweetest thing ever!:)

The babies are in a sepreate cage at my house they are both caged together for now I don't have a fountain in there cage just a small bubbler system for now .... the parents are in another cage at my job that where the fountain is.

You'll want to take a look at the Care Guide on this forum to get started. It has a lot of helpful information to get you off on the right foot. The link is in my signature below.

And them being in the same cage doesn't stress them out, I was under the impression that you should only keep them in the same cage if they are breeding and then separate afterwards. I have just read that Jackson's are really susceptible to stress even if they aren't showing it. I also read that standing water even with a bubbler is a breeding pool for bacteria. Not trying to be rude at all just don't want anything bad to happen to your pair.

But I am no expert so I would just research it more. I also found this threadhttps://www.chameleonforums.com/housing-male-female-jackson-chameleons-87008/
Hope this helps.

Thank you will do :)

Sure. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post in the "Enclosures/Supplies" forums. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to post photos of your setup in that same forum. People can provide tips on how to improve. Finally, if you fill out the sheet in the other link in my signature, and post that in the "Health" forum, we can comment on your supplementation, temp, feeding, etc.

Jason

And them being in the same cage doesn't stress them out, I was under the impression that you should only keep them in the same cage if they are breeding and then separate afterwards. I have just read that Jackson's are really susceptible to stress even if they aren't showing it. I also read that standing water even with a bubbler is a breeding pool for bacteria. Not trying to be rude at all just don't want anything bad to happen to your pair.

But I am no expert so I would just research it more. I also found this threadhttps://www.chameleonforums.com/housing-male-female-jackson-chameleons-87008/
Hope this helps.
As far as I know they aren't stressed out ... sparky and gracie have been in the cage together for a year now as for the bubbler I have that in cousin itt and nemos cage while I save some money to invest in a mist setup but it does get cleaned ever 2 or 3 days .... and the water fountain in sparky and gracie cage also gets clean every 3 to 4 days ... unfortuanly I don't have much control over sparky and gracies cage since its not mine I just take care of them when I'm at work and can just suggest things to the manager about them .... don't worry I appreciate your help :) and will definitly be looking into that thread :)

Back
Top Bottom