New Setup

NoobChameleon

I bought two veiled yesterday, male and female whom are sharing the same enclosure for a short period. I have a 75 watt light bulb directly over their basking spot and the temp is hovering at just below 80. So Im assuming I should Try a 100 watt?

100 will prob work depending on how old the chams are. I know you prob know this but they need to be housed separately as soon as possible. They can monopolize resources and cause stress.

seperation and feeding

Do you think within a month is a reasonable time frame to seperate them? Also I out small crickets in there this am they are all gone but im concerned if they slip through the cracks in the terrarium... Is there any tricks to this my chameleon are a little skiddish so they dont move much when im around. Is there a small worm I can put in the bottom?

Thx
brandon

Do you think within a month is a reasonable time frame to seperate them? Also I out small crickets in there this am they are all gone but im concerned if they slip through the cracks in the terrarium... Is there any tricks to this my chameleon are a little skiddish so they dont move much when im around. Is there a small worm I can put in the bottom?

Thx
brandon

I would separate as soon as you can. Small silkworms would be a good feeder. I wouldnt give too many mealworms. Well gutloaded crickets are a good staple for them though.

Well I had time to watch them feed this morning and it was awesome. They are getting every cricket and watching them hang upside down a grabbing them with their toungue is amazing. I got the light a little closer and basking temps are now at 83 and humidity is about 60% How does that sound?

Thanks
brandon

Well I had time to watch them feed this morning and it was awesome. They are getting every cricket and watching them hang upside down a grabbing them with their toungue is amazing. I got the light a little closer and basking temps are now at 83 and humidity is about 60% How does that sound?

Thanks
brandon

That sounds good. Make sure they can't burn themselves. Put your hand under the light and hold it there for a while. If its too hot for you then lift it up.:D

Carmelo the hanger

My littles one the male I believe likes to hand on the top screen directly beneath the lamp I put my hand inbetween him and the lamp and its not to hot. Is this normal behavior? Tomorrow Im gonna rearrange the tank and create a better basking area for them.

Back
Top Bottom