New Rescue Veiled coming in tomorrow

@Andee sass is an understatement lol!! Uuummm let's see feeders I offered where crickets, dubia's, superworms, and silkworms. I know that a few times he at least tried to eat.... A cricket I think. I would hear his tongue hit, but could never quite catch him trying to eat or actually chewing. I didn't have any hornworms to try. I know he could see the prey because his eyes would follow them. Maybe it's a tongue problem??

Maybe, maybe he's slow or not sticky... Will have to test it out... Maybe I should pick up some cricks... I just so worry giving him some ugh... XD but his tongue is a bit weird in color and shape from what I can tell when I have been feeding, compared to a normal cham... not sure though. May be time to check his mouth out tomorrow. Mom says she d idnt sign up for this, when I told her I will need her help. Just made me laugh. If it's not something actually physically wrong and just vitamin issues or something I can always try getting some young hornworms online and see if I can convince him with those. I would prefer to stay away from crickets. It just worries me since he doesn't seem interested in eating in general.

Yah crickets are such a pain!!! I really hate crickets, but that is all Peepers is interested in! I have tried everything else I have and he just gives me that "your kidding right" look. I can just hear him "bring me my crickets... You are here to serve me and I want my crickets!!"

All our chams control our world... I think everyone can understand your battle with Peepers XD. I currently just want to know if it's something really physical like maybe he has a screwed up tongue tendon or something? Or if it's something else. So I know what to expect. If it's something like a vitamin issue I will take him into my vet, we will get him squared away with a combo shot and such, but if it's truly physical it will be about cup training him and adjusting his hunting skills. Currently I know I won't rely on him feeding himself likely for at least 2+ weeks. He still has a lot of weight to gain before I will feel safe playing chicken with him learning

So I checked out his tongue today, much to his protests. He looks like it may be bruised, nothing to bad, just may make him hesitant to currently use it. I will continue to forcefees and be extra careful of his tongue, not that I am not already, but extra care is always good. He needs to gain so...

Ryker is going into the vet next week. I am a bit worried about one of his wrists... He keeps folding over on it... hoping it's not broken... So want to get him in and will be making his appt first thing in the morning. I have to make an appointment for one of our cats as well she has a weird thing going on with an abscess on her shoulders and it likely is a spot that needs to be completely removed. XD gotta love vet month

So I checked out his tongue today, much to his protests. He looks like it may be bruised, nothing to bad, just may make him hesitant to currently use it. I will continue to forcefees and be extra careful of his tongue, not that I am not already, but extra care is always good. He needs to gain so...

Ryker is going into the vet next week. I am a bit worried about one of his wrists... He keeps folding over on it... hoping it's not broken... So want to get him in and will be making his appt first thing in the morning. I have to make an appointment for one of our cats as well she has a weird thing going on with an abscess on her shoulders and it likely is a spot that needs to be completely removed. XD gotta love vet month
Hope every one is well soon . Their certainly in great hands :love:.

I know one thing with Ryker being blind is falling is a possible issue, but I have never had to worry about a catch net before. But as he gets older (he's turning 5 in november) it may be more of an issue to worry about now. Might have to do some adjusting.

I had a "fun" morning with Neptune, the outdoor cage has a couple openings for me to get in and out of. I have never had anyone get out of it before.... but apparently Neptune is an exception, he was missing probably 1 hour. We set up a sprinkler in where he most likely was because it was hot as hell and I had started warning neighbors just in case. Said he is currently rehabbing and needs to be home as soon as possible. They know what I do with my exotics so they were aware. Well the neighbor kids and I managed to corner him in our nightshade bush *rolls eyes* and he had nowhere to go but definitely put up a fight. I wasn't too worried he had gotten very far. There are plenty of places to hide from birds in our backyard and I had just recently checked on him.... so I KNEW he was back there somewhere. I was most worried about him gettin dehydrated, which is why we did the sprinkler. Currently outside time will be heavily surpervised until I make the cage Prince proof. He is pissed XD

I know one thing with Ryker being blind is falling is a possible issue, but I have never had to worry about a catch net before. But as he gets older (he's turning 5 in november) it may be more of an issue to worry about now. Might have to do some adjusting.

I had a "fun" morning with Neptune, the outdoor cage has a couple openings for me to get in and out of. I have never had anyone get out of it before.... but apparently Neptune is an exception, he was missing probably 1 hour. We set up a sprinkler in where he most likely was because it was hot as hell and I had started warning neighbors just in case. Said he is currently rehabbing and needs to be home as soon as possible. They know what I do with my exotics so they were aware. Well the neighbor kids and I managed to corner him in our nightshade bush *rolls eyes* and he had nowhere to go but definitely put up a fight. I wasn't too worried he had gotten very far. There are plenty of places to hide from birds in our backyard and I had just recently checked on him.... so I KNEW he was back there somewhere. I was most worried about him gettin dehydrated, which is why we did the sprinkler. Currently outside time will be heavily surpervised until I make the cage Prince proof. He is pissed XD
Oh grumpy Neptune was making a run for it lol !!. Fresh little boy :love: .

My mom was going crazy looking for him while I was just standing there for like 10 minutes thinking and looking around, she asked me what I was doing and I said, "Thinking like him." It's then we decided he was most likely either in the nightshade or the mini orange tree we have. Thankfully he's not a plant snacker yet, or else I'd be worried about him eating nightshade

Thankfully I check on my chams regularly every 30 minutes during the day. Often moving the enclosure to make sure they have 100% shade somewhere in it. Little brat. XD I know how I need to adjust the cage it's just *rubs temples* it's frustrating because he's the only one whose been in it whose ever thought they should escape XD. And currently I do not think he'd survive passed 24 hours with out current temps, which is why I love our neighbors currently. I have a bunch of older and younger kids who surround me and I know if I asked them and their parents they would help me tear apart the neighborhood XD

My mom was going crazy looking for him while I was just standing there for like 10 minutes thinking and looking around, she asked me what I was doing and I said, "Thinking like him." It's then we decided he was most likely either in the nightshade or the mini orange tree we have. Thankfully he's not a plant snacker yet, or else I'd be worried about him eating nightshade

Thankfully I check on my chams regularly every 30 minutes during the day. Often moving the enclosure to make sure they have 100% shade somewhere in it. Little brat. XD I know how I need to adjust the cage it's just *rubs temples* it's frustrating because he's the only one whose been in it whose ever thought they should escape XD. And currently I do not think he'd survive passed 24 hours with out current temps, which is why I love our neighbors currently. I have a bunch of older and younger kids who surround me and I know if I asked them and their parents they would help me tear apart the neighborhood XD
Brat is right !!. Well he has spunk and sass for sure . He had other plans about where he was going to be staying . He might be a little bossy too lol ;) .

Definitely bossy, mom was the only one who could reach him even with our tall ladder, and she hasn't held him yet. She literally gave no shits since I said "he's not gonna be easy honestly right now just pick him up just avoid injury" and that's what she did. No coaxing because that little guy is not gonna be coaxed. He was about to jump and she just clamped down on him and loosened his hold. "Don't you hiss at me you little brat" XD that's what she said, funny thing is he never tried to bite either of us <3 he's more of a sweetie than he tries to convince.

Definitely bossy, mom was the only one who could reach him even with our tall ladder, and she hasn't held him yet. She literally gave no shits since I said "he's not gonna be easy honestly right now just pick him up just avoid injury" and that's what she did. No coaxing because that little guy is not gonna be coaxed. He was about to jump and she just clamped down on him and loosened his hold. "Don't you hiss at me you little brat" XD that's what she said, funny thing is he never tried to bite either of us <3 he's more of a sweetie than he tries to convince.
Sounds familiar !!. Miss Grumpy Butt Frances is much like that . She does what she wants when she wants :confused:. Though she would not leave her tree . Septiceye would absolutely but he's also sweet as can be .

Ryker used to be a wanderer when he could see, but if we caught him he would just be like "Awww man I wanted to keep playing" he doesn't ever get pissed. Even now, he does get grumpy when being fed (because currently I have to shove his food down his mouth) but he pretty much is done be grumpy within like... 5 seconds xD

Ryker used to be a wanderer when he could see, but if we caught him he would just be like "Awww man I wanted to keep playing" he doesn't ever get pissed. Even now, he does get grumpy when being fed (because currently I have to shove his food down his mouth) but he pretty much is done be grumpy within like... 5 seconds xD
That's one of the only time Frances is ok with hands at feeding time still not in her basking area though . She will come down on lower leaves then it's ok , she's so bossy !!. She has so many rules lol .

Septiceye has never been Grumpy . He is definitely a wanderer but he will look back to see if we are coming along . Inside he will explore around then come find us . He is such a sweetheart. He really likes coffee time . He seems to think the cup has treats for him in it . It's so funny . He wants to stand on our coffee cups .

OMG I just got caught up.... I have tears from laughing so hard but only because I spent so much time with him and can see the whole thing play out in my head from his perspective. I just know he has been planning his break out sense day 1!! Testing the bars of his cell, timing the guards rounds... Always watching. You just know he made his break the second your back was turned, knowing how long he had till you checked his cell!

He tried to make a break on me once, thankfully he only had a minute or so while I answered my boy, but he can really move when he wants!!

Lmfao little monster will not be left unsupervised until the cage is escape proof. He has never ever met someone like me... I have time to kill XD

OMG I just got caught up.... I have tears from laughing so hard but only because I spent so much time with him and can see the whole thing play out in my head from his perspective. I just know he has been planning his break out sense day 1!! Testing the bars of his cell, timing the guards rounds... Always watching. You just know he made his break the second your back was turned, knowing how long he had till you checked his cell!

He tried to make a break on me once, thankfully he only had a minute or so while I answered my boy, but he can really move when he wants!!
I really had a laugh too . I could just see it !!. Some say their not smart but I'm telling you they really are !!.

So cage is now Neptune proof. XD he spent 3 hours out there unsupervised other than me checking on him Ebert 30 minutes and otherwise just looking at him through the sliding glass window. He definitely enjoys the natural uvb. His shaking has gotten better as well. Very minutely but I am sure it's better. Slowly getting there. Hes still a grumpy butt, but I will take that over barely moving and no fight any day. He's getting around .1 cc of liquid calcium daily. And then gets his blended bugs in .35-.4 cc increments and about one every hour until we hit 1.5 cc sometime 1.8 cc. He's doing well, lots of hydration signs and he's gained weight 100% just don't know for sure the numbers yet will let you know on wednesday

We are so glad he is doing better!! Every time I get updates I'm sure to pass the info on to the boys!!

On a side note, and talking about chams, food, and my boys... Guess what my oldest did today... Got Peepers to eat from his hand and not just once but twice!... Oh and guess what he was offering a superworm, and a silkworm!!!! **Sigh**

Back
Top Bottom