New Rescue Veiled coming in tomorrow

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I thought everyone should know, since most of those who answer my posts and have been on the site awhile know that I lost one of my chams who was originally supposed to be a rehab, Hope. And they know I have been waiting for the next rescue/rehab to come into my life... well a fellow forum member @Katacara had rescued a juvenile veiled male a week or so ago (don't remember the exact time) but realized he needed more experience than she had. So she contacted me, asked if I was still taking any in. She sent some pics, he's thin but definitely not the worst I have seen by a long shot. I expect him by tomorrow and he will immediately be taken out and given a good long misting. He was "over hydrated" XD before shipping so he had plenty to go on. I have been cleaning Hope's old cage top to bottom, threw out anything I couldn't sanitize. And bought him a beautiful new plant. Hopefully the shipping all went well. I don't expect him to be any worse for wear honestly. Need all good thoughts sent my way around 11am -1pm so that he makes it safe and sound ^^. I will be waiting to greet the mail carrier.

He's a lucky boy, I know you'll get him into tip-top shape :)
I am hoping to <3 new plant before the trimming, need to take one of it afterward
20170817_193951.jpg

I am so thankful that you where able to take him in!! My boys and I where sad to see him go but knew that we had to do what was best for him, and not what was best for us just not to be sad. And although we are sad we are also very happy that he is going to such a great person and home where we know he will get the best possible care! I can't wait to watch his updates!! All our thoughts will be with you and Waldo!!

So I thought everyone should know, since most of those who answer my posts and have been on the site awhile know that I lost one of my chams who was originally supposed to be a rehab, Hope. And they know I have been waiting for the next rescue/rehab to come into my life... well a fellow forum member @Katacara had rescued a juvenile veiled male a week or so ago (don't remember the exact time) but realized he needed more experience than she had. So she contacted me, asked if I was still taking any in. She sent some pics, he's thin but definitely not the worst I have seen by a long shot. I expect him by tomorrow and he will immediately be taken out and given a good long misting. He was "over hydrated" XD before shipping so he had plenty to go on. I have been cleaning Hope's old cage top to bottom, threw out anything I couldn't sanitize. And bought him a beautiful new plant. Hopefully the shipping all went well. I don't expect him to be any worse for wear honestly. Need all good thoughts sent my way around 11am -1pm so that he makes it safe and sound ^^. I will be waiting to greet the mail carrier.
What a lucky little boy . Hope all go's wonderful :love:.

He ARRIVED, safe and sound shedding in the deli cup. Definitely needs some TLC, but not too bad, glad we decided to ship him now though in case he decided to take a turn for the worse. Currently taking a shower ^^

Pictures, you know I always need pictures! But really, thanks for being just who you are!!

Enjoying some natural UVB for a couple hours until it's Rykers turn.
Rescue Veiled 2.jpg

Rescue Veiled.jpg

From what @Katacara says this little man is supposed to be 8 months, from what I think he looks around 6 months at most from stunting. He is definitely thin even for that age, he's light when I hold him. His grip is shakey, but strong. He has promise just so you know sweetie <3 and he will be in good hands. He will be going to the vet at the beginning of the week. <3

I'm so glad I got him to you sooner than later! Like I said we where sad to see him go, but happy it was into such wonderful hands! I tried to take him in but still being new to chams I didn't have enough experience to turn him around.

and I am glad you realized that, and didn't let him wait too long, he is good enough to ship and he should be easy to turn around from what I've seen. He should be ok <3 I will keep all of the forum updated but definitely you sweetie. Keep us in your thoughts <3

Well I now know why you had issues getting him where he needed to be completely @Katacara, giving him meds would be a pain in the ass for you. I just started his tiny bit of liquid calcium so hopefully I can kick his MBD in the butt in a few weeks. But omg his jaws are like a vice. Had to pull on his gular a bit to open him up. He is a vibrater and grunter. Very grumpy, I didn't plan to do it today but I really want to get him started on the road to recovery as quickly as possible and am hoping with a bit of liquid calcium on board when I go to the expo tomorrow I can leave a couple enticing feeders in a cup and he will eat them when I am gone. Likely not, he's stressed to all get out. But I will keep my fingers crossed. XD poor guy, wanted to let him rest but I don't think it was a good idea with how shaky he was when I was holding him *Shrugs* idk we will see ^^

He has such suspicious face XD lmao I have been needing to adjust the mister myself and turn it off manually until the new times kick in. But he watches me every time with a face that says "OMG IT'S THE PERSON! RUN RUN!" (slowly leaf walks away) XD. Such paranoia. I dropped a slightly injured super worm in, partially crushed it's mandibles so it would still move but not be dangerous otherwise, it was rather large for him as far as length but width was fine otherwise. I have really small babies but those guys are far too small. But he looked at me and just looked at the worm and said... "POISON" and walked away XD he will be interesting for sure <3 I am not too much in a rush to push food on him today. I know he's had a hard last couple days but the worm is still moving for a bit, and so he has access to it for a while. Tomorrow I will try a couple different enticements, while I go out to the expo, and make sure they can't climb out of the cup (make them a slightly smaller nymphs and isopod babies)

Oh grumpy is an understatement for him lol. It was only in the last few days I had him he would trust me enough to walk on to my hand to come out for his natural uvb. Up until that point he wanted nothing to do with me. I am very glad I'm not the one giving him meds lol. When I was try to get him to eat, the only thing he was ever interested in was crickets, and then only if they where free-range. He did not eat out of the milk carton feeder at all that I know of, but then again I definitely don't have all your tricks for enticing a cham to eat! I totally bow to @Andee skill :notworthy::love:

Back
Top Bottom