New plant!

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
Today at work I received a beautiful Golden Pothos! It's not in the best condition however it is huge and grown in. Right now it's all tangled however I defidently will be untangling it and repotting it. If anyone could give me any tips/ advice on their care, how to make them thrive, and good potting soil for them would be great! Thank you all so much!

The first piece to my future terrarium. I'm already so excited!!

Attachments

• 20181221_163450.jpg
    20181221_163450.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 95
I wont be getting a chameleon for a while, however I will defidently be getting one! With this new plant, should I repot using cham safe stuff, or should I go about it as a regular houseplant?
Any advice on soil to use would be great! I want this plant to THRIVE! I'm going to be propagating some of its leaves soon! Exciting stuff.
Thanks all!:)

If you want your pothos to thrive, spray the leaves once a week with epsom salts at 1 teaspoon per gallon with ro water, alternating once a week with 15 - 5- 15 jacks calcium plus at the same mix ratio per gallon of ro water, in between spray branches with ro water!! All the branches will put out roots and it will double in size, any plant will!!

If you want your pothos to thrive, spray the leaves once a week with epsom salts at 1 teaspoon per gallon with ro water, alternating once a week with 15 - 5- 15 jacks calcium plus at the same mix ratio per gallon of ro water, in between spray branches with ro water!! All the branches will put out roots and it will double in size, any plant will!!
This is the best advice I couldve gotten at this time. I've been worried about this plant and I want it to take off. I've repoted it in a terracotta pot and found it a temporary home. The roots were amazing. I cant wait to introduce a cham to this awesome plant!

Just to be sure were on the same page, alternate between the Epsom salt and the 15-5-15. Every other day of the week spray leaves with RO water.

If there's anything I'm missing or if you could send me a link to the calcium stuff and the proper epsom salt that would be great! Thank you so much.

Once a week spray with 15-5-15 calcium plus, and midweek spray with epsom salts, inbetween that spray with just water, I water everyday well my chameleons, so watering my chameleons will wash off any built up fertilizer on the plants, my cage is pretty big and I wait to spray fertilizer on the plants when my chameleons are not around them, after I spray with fertilizer 20 minutes later I spray with just water, to wash off the fertilizer...the 15-5-15 mix ratio could be 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, I'll post a picture here if you want to see how mine are doing

Also, chameleon poo is tremendously good fertilizer, when you get your cham, you could stop fertilizing, you will also need a 6500k light bulb I use 4 foot fixture from home depot, one bulb 6500k plant light the other is 10.0 reptisun uv light, I use a 10.0 because my cage is 3 feet tall

@salty dog Thank you for all the great tips! However, I'm still a bit confused on the 15-5-15 calcium plus, is that the fertilizer? Also, could you post a link on where to get it?

If you have some pictures to share please do! Im geeking over plants right now so I would love to see! And not only yours, but EVERYONE'S!

Also, chameleon poo is tremendously good fertilizer, when you get your cham, you could stop fertilizing, you will also need a 6500k light bulb I use 4 foot fixture from home depot, one bulb 6500k plant light the other is 10.0 reptisun uv light, I use a 10.0 because my cage is 3 feet tall
Hmm, would it be bad if I started putting my chameleons poo in the umbrella and pothos pots? Or would it be too much?

The chams will poo on them guarnteed, with spraying your cham, I do it twice a day spraying out about a quarter of a gallon, it will wash down the plant to the root zone. I have a bioactive setup where the poo goes to a spot I want it with spraying water in the cage

Back
Top Bottom