New Panther

My wife and I were thrown (almost literally) into the chameleon world earlier this year when a friend of ours gave us a female veiled to rescue. We did. She was near death and thin as a pencil. We weren't sure she'd make it, but she did and got very fat! LOL

Unfortunately, she passed away about two weeks ago and by that time, we were hooked on chameleons after doing a crash course in education about them.

I surprised my wife with this male baby panther she named Jaxx O'Lantern (she likes middle names for her pets...and apparently he's Irish...LOL).

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 325
Goid question. Kinda hard to tell what locale he is. But it's defiantly a he and had some oranges in him. Looks kinda like sambava.

My wife has been working with him daily for three weeks now (since we've had him) and he's getting very comfortable with her feeding him. We shot this video today of him eating from her hand. Very cute. I love how he freezes when he notices the camera at the end. LOL

http://youtu.be/gITfRNt3lk4

Yes, that is his locale; locale just refers to what part of Madagascar he originates from. He looks very nice. I wish you the best with him.

I noticed in your posts about your previous veiled that you think she may have passed away from ingesting substrate; have you removed substrate from the new cage? It is not recommended for chameleons for just that reason. Very sorry for your loss.

Do you have pictures of his cage?

Yes, that is his locale; locale just refers to what part of Madagascar he originates from. He looks very nice. I wish you the best with him.

I noticed in your posts about your previous veiled that you think she may have passed away from ingesting substrate; have you removed substrate from the new cage? It is not recommended for chameleons for just that reason. Very sorry for your loss.

Do you have pictures of his cage?

Ah, didn't know that about the locale. Thanks for the info. We did remove the substrate. As it turns out, it was not obstructing her airway afterall (we checked post-mortem), but we didn't want to take any chances.

Here's a photo of his enclosure - obviously we'll get a larger one once he's a bit bigger, but we already had this one from the rescue veiled.

Attachments

• Enclosure.jpg
    Enclosure.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 255
Back
Top Bottom