New owner: Fogger? Misting system? Both?

camoflash

I am completely new to owning a Chameleon. I have a baby veiled. 16x16x20 NatGeo Habitat. I am reading and researching on setups. It looks like I need a misting system. The ones I have found so far are Mistking, ExoTerra Monsoon that look interesting. I do not like the Habba Mist or Reptirain systems that sit inside the habitat. Looking for pros and cons on either systems. If anyone has photos of their setups I would to see what you have.

Also If I have a misting system do I need a fogger or is that overkill? I assume you one need one or the other and maybe not both?

Climist from coastal silkworms is the same as the mist king, i got silk worms from them as well.

The monsoon will only work for 6-12 months. So its worth it to spend the extra 20 bucks and get a better system.

Foggers are not needed for chameleons who are not Montane IMHO. Veiled Chameleons live in the desert.

You can buy a Mist King, they are the most reputable, I would not agree that they are the same as the one from Coastal Silkworms, it has not been out long enough to compare. FYI, you don't "need" a misting system if you spray and drip water, but it is nice to have!

CHEERS!

Nick Barta:D

Foggers are not needed for chameleons who are not Montane IMHO. Veiled Chameleons live in the desert.

You can buy a Mist King, they are the most reputable, I would not agree that they are the same as the one from Coastal Silkworms, it has not been out long enough to compare. FYI, you don't "need" a misting system if you spray and drip water, but it is nice to have!

CHEERS!

Nick Barta:D

I agree with Nick. You don't need a misting system especially for a single Veiled. Their habitat is more akin to a desert than a rain forest. (I know from personal experience--I've driven throughout a large part of their range.)

I think your enclosure is mostly glass, which will keep the humidity up with little effort. I think your veiled will outgrow it very quickly.

You can mist the cage with a fine mist several times a day and add a dripper and you should be fine.

Welcome to chameleons. I think Veileds are a really neat and under appreciated species. I really enjoy the two I have.

Back
Top Bottom