New owner / dark in color

Just about any new caladonian gecko that isn’t too big really chameleon gecko perhaps which maybe not chameleons, possibly even small aroboeal snakes or even butterflies
16367385431866288389367386995509.jpg
saw

Don't know why I didn't mention that earlier. 🤦‍♂️
If you'd like to explore that option, there are countless vids on YT on DIY chameleon enclosures.
Here's a 4-part 'How to' that I liked on building one from window screen kits available at home improvement stores.

There's an old carpentry & quilting adage... "Measure twice—cut once."
IME doing DIY projects, I would extend this to any project design—don't just jump in and start cutting. Do your research (look at a godzillion different enclosures and take notes of the features you like), think carefully about what you want and how you're going to achieve it, and draw up an actual plan.

Drawing up a plan often exposes flaws and/or situations that weren't obvious during the thinking stages, and can cost a lot in BS&T if/when found during the build. It can save a LOT in the long run.

DIY enclosures can save some money, but IME they're also just as likely not to save you anything, BUT, you can get exactly what you want, learn a lot during the experience, and get that little boost of pride & satisfaction at the end. Win-win-win! 😃

I feel the same way about building my own cage. I think it will make it even more special

Off topic and probably not great timing but where did you get that enclosure it looks amazing probably not for a chameleon but for a small gecko or something it looks incredible and I kinda want one. Also to add it could also be if the heat bulb is pointed to him that he’s dark because that’s his basking colors mine both turn dark to absorb as much heat as possible now not to say he isn’t stressed and needs to have a larger enclosure for chameleons bigger is always better but honestly that looks amazing for a crested gecko small day geckos as a display especially with that large middle branch
I bought it from a women that said she got it in California. I was impressed by it myself. I haven't gotten it quite yet on how to house and do everything with my chameleon. It's just a learning process for me! But I will figure it out. I really like Ozzy and I want him haply as possible

Now that I've seen the pictures, the cylindrical enclosure reminds me of a prototype I saw in a video.
The vid was someone's (Cliff Laidlaw?) visit to one of the larger reptile shows a year or two back. The enclosure was from a startup company.

I had some concerns when I first saw it, but I've never seen one since, so I can't say it's the same one or not. 🤷‍♂️

I should mention... The analog/dial type thermometers and hygrometers can be notoriously inaccurate—up to 40°/40% off. Digital hygrometers/thermometers with probes typically have an accuracy of ±2°/2%, and will get you the readings within the various microenvironments of the enclosure.
There are many choices:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=digital+hygrometer/thermometer+with+probe&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I like these because both sets of numbers are large enough for me to see:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Y6CYVT9/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom