New montium

AJA

Established Member
I recieved a gravid female from Mike at FL Chams over the weekend. She has some sort of gunk in her eye and if anyone can suggest a way to get it out, I would appreciate it. I tried squirting it out but I don't think that did anything.

Attachments

• T. montium 002.jpg
    T. montium 002.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 312
  • T. montium 006.jpg
    T. montium 006.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 310
  • T. montium 001.jpg
    T. montium 001.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 268
  • T. montium 005.jpg
    T. montium 005.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 325
  • T. montium 007.jpg
    T. montium 007.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 263
Other then the eye, she looks great. For the eye, you can order some terramycin (http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...-and-cage-cleaners/-/terramycin-eye-ointment/) but a good shower should allow her to rub whatever is in her out. Just put a plant in the shower and sit her in it with some soft or indirect spray from luke warm water for about a half hour and she should take care of it.

Let me know if you would like any tips or suggestions on the eggs/laying.

Chris

Last edited:
Thank you Chris. I will take any and all help... (yes, have your article from Chameleon News too... :D )

What also often works for eye problems are those contact lense cleaning solutions. I've had great success when I use them for little eye problems. Your cham would probably not like it when you spray it in it's eyes, but it normally helps very good

looks like an infection of the sclera , the membrane covering the eye (i am assuming that a cham even has a sclera ), i would try squirting it out using one of those curved tip dental syringes , a nice long 85* squirt using a full stringe of eye wash, eye drops , or saline, you might even try a dilute solution of no tears baby shampoo, whatever is wrong with it you will need to be positive that the eye is 100% clean before anything else has a chance to work. but i dont think its coming out , i think its in the membrane, and will probably need to be treated, to be healed , have you tried looking at it with a magnifying glass or an illuminated high power viewer. i have confidence that if any body can rehab that eye it would be you , i know at the greenlake animal clinic there used to be a vet that specializes in animal eye problems , maybe he has had experience with chams, or may be he would be willing to look, probably better than a plain ol herp vet, if he is still there

sorry am having a problem deleting this extra post ? i hit edit /delete message button, but it only gives option to edit ? if somebody can tell me how to delete it i will get it off of here

Last edited:
Well, I took her to the vet. She has cooties but we are holding off until after the egg laying to reduce the stress level. The vet wants to put her on an antibiotic drop for her eye and not sure if we will put her on baytril or not. I am trying to reduce her stress level as much as possible and if we can keep the poking and proding to a minimum, I am hoping it will help.

Cooties.. man, if you find out the cure for those while you're there do tell! :p

Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom