New mistking, can't get it to work properly...

Justin18

So I just bought a new starter mistking kit. I decided to see if I can get it to work before I'd install it in my cage and I'm running into some problems...

So the first time I tried it, I tried it without the nozzle first and it worked good. So I turned it off, and plugged the nozzle in and when i turned it on again the tubing that connects to the pump (the other end goes to the nozzle) unplugs itself and water goes everywhere!

Can anybody help me! Please!

So I just bought a new starter mistking kit. I decided to see if I can get it to work before I'd install it in my cage and I'm running into some problems...

So the first time I tried it, I tried it without the nozzle first and it worked good. So I turned it off, and plugged the nozzle in and when i turned it on again the tubing that connects to the pump (the other end goes to the nozzle) unplugs itself and water goes everywhere!

Can anybody help me! Please!

ya haveta make sure the connections are pushed all the way in

I've tried pushing them in as far as I can. I'm pushing as hard as I can but they don't seem like their going in very far. How far are they supposed to go in?

You'll know when it's in. If it's like the aquazamp, it'll almost feel like a "click". Make sense?

I've tried pushing them in as far as I can. I'm pushing as hard as I can but they don't seem like their going in very far. How far are they supposed to go in?

make sure your tubing is cut clean and straight, they way it works is a small outer retainer tightens on the tube when pulled, you should have to push the ring in to pull the tubing off if done correctly..maybe re cut the end of your tubing. then try re-inserting it

I have the same problem. The tubing that connects to the outflow part of the pump keeps getting pushed out. I've tried pushing it in all the way as the other members of the forum have suggested and I still could not get it to work. I've tried priming the pump. I've tried it with and without the zip drip system. No luck. It looks like the locking mechanism on the outflow part of the pump is defective. I sent them an email twice already. No replies yet. I'm trying to see if I could get the pump replaced or if I could return it for a refund.

Make sure that the collett is good. I have posted a picture of a collett so you know what one looks like. If the collett is not good then it will not seal correctly. Plus like others have said, you need to make sure your cut is as straight as possible and also pushed in as far as it will go. It feels like it is all the way in, but you can usually push more and it will almost click into place. Then pull it out and it should catch.

pump_part_1.JPG

pump_part_2.JPG

pump_part_3.JPG

I guess my wording of the original post was a little off. Im not very good at explaining things sometimes. The end of the tube that connects to the nozzle stays on good. It's the end of the tubing that connects to the pump itself that keeps popping off.

It works fine when the nozzle is disconnected. But when I connect the nozzle and the pressure builds up in the tube, the end of the tube that connects to the actual pump comes disconnected and water goes everywhere. Sorry about the confusion.

I guess my wording of the original post was a little off. Im not very good at explaining things sometimes. The end of the tube that connects to the nozzle stays on good. It's the end of the tubing that connects to the pump itself that keeps popping off.

It works fine when the nozzle is disconnected. But when I connect the nozzle and the pressure builds up in the tube, the end of the tube that connects to the actual pump comes disconnected and water goes everywhere. Sorry about the confusion.

sounds like it could be a bad collet adapter on the unit..good thing is marty at mistking is awesome and will happily fix any defective parts (very rare to have this issue, everything ive ever got from him was always 100 percent perfect, and same with all the other users of this unit as well that i have heard of). remember he is in canada, and may be in a different time zone as well, plus he usually personally answers all inquiries, so he may just have alot of emails to answer before he gets to yours, just give it a little time, marty is always happy to help, i have no complaints about his customer service.

nozzle

Maybe try a different nozzle, I have read about some nozzles having holes plugged not drilled all the way through

I'm suspecting that its not the nozzle because one time I held the end of the tubing that connects to the pump in so it couldn't pop out and water came out of the nozzle just fine. So I'm assuming its something to do with the connection from the pump end...

I'm about to post some pics so you guys might be able to help me better

sounds like it could be a bad collet adapter on the unit..good thing is marty at mistking is awesome and will happily fix any defective parts (very rare to have this issue, everything ive ever got from him was always 100 percent perfect, and same with all the other users of this unit as well that i have heard of). remember he is in canada, and may be in a different time zone as well, plus he usually personally answers all inquiries, so he may just have alot of emails to answer before he gets to yours, just give it a little time, marty is always happy to help, i have no complaints about his customer service.

Do you really think its a manufacturing problem? I've heard about the good customer service at mistking. One of the reasons I choose the product! I haven't sent him an email just yet. I knew I could get faster replies from chameleon forums lol

It looks like in the pic with the tube that the pump is missing the collett to hold the tube in the pump. The tube should be a snug fit if there was a collett there and it seems like yours kind of hangs there.

It looks like in the pic with the tube that the pump is missing the collett to hold the tube in the pump. The tube should be a snug fit if there was a collett there and it seems like yours kind of hangs there.

Is the collet that is supposed to hold the tube to the pump come installed in the pump already? Or is that a piece that your supposed to put in the pump yourself? Because I don't see a collet in there...

It comes installed already. Please look at the pictures that I posted of what a collett looks like. If that little piece is not in there just like on the nozzle then the tube will not stay in.

It comes installed already. Please look at the pictures that I posted of what a collett looks like. If that little piece is not in there just like on the nozzle then the tube will not stay in.

I honestly don't see a collett on either side of the pump... There is one on the nozzle piece though. I see a little o ring type washer thing inside the pump end but no collett.

When I try to pull the tube off the nozzle end, the tube won't come off unless I push down on the collett first. However, when I pull the tube out on the pump end it just comes right on out.

Does that mean there is no collett installed on the pump end? :(

Back
Top Bottom