MakGrl

Hello everyone,

My name is Ali and I have been looking for a while and reading about Chameleons (Chameleon Forums is awesome!). Today I finally decided to get one. I have to wait 6-7 weeks to
reserve one. The Cham that I want is not available right now :( but this will give me plenty of time to keep researching and getting ready for my Champ.

I am very excited! :D

Awesome, just do alot of researching and start buying all things things you will need now so that when you get your cham you will be set. I agree that the forum is awesome and you will find people on here more than willing to help you:D Welcome to the forums.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ali and I have been looking for a while and reading about Chameleons (Chameleon Forums is awesome!). Today I finally decided to get one. I have to wait 6-7 weeks to
reserve one. The Cham that I want is not available right now :( but this will give me plenty of time to keep researching and getting ready for my Champ.

I am very excited! :D

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to absorb information and get help with everything you need. Let us know if you need any help and what you plan on buying!! Congrats! :D

Awesome, just do alot of researching and start buying all things things you will need now so that when you get your cham you will be set. I agree that the forum is awesome and you will find people on here more than willing to help you:D Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to absorb information and get help with everything you need. Let us know if you need any help and what you plan on buying!! Congrats! :D

Thank you so much! Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the bookstore and hopefully I'll find a good book on Chameleons (any suggestions?)

This is what I'm planning to get :D

It's an Ambanja, not sure what mom yet... I just emailed them asking (Screameleons)
Niji.jpg

I don't really know of any books but I'm sure someone will chime in!

I love the Ambanjas, they're so gorgeous. Congrats! Well just put up a "to buy list: and we can let you know what you need and give you some advice :)

Welcome to the forums! Screameleons is (so I've heard) a very good place to get a cham and they have good bloodlines. Chameleonsonly.com a.k.a. kammerflage kreations has AWESOME breeder chameleons and I plan on buying a panther from them in upcoming months :D check their website out just to see some variety

I don't really know of any books but I'm sure someone will chime in!

I love the Ambanjas, they're so gorgeous. Congrats! Well just put up a "to buy list: and we can let you know what you need and give you some advice :)

Welcome to the forums! Screameleons is (so I've heard) a very good place to get a cham and they have good bloodlines. Chameleonsonly.com a.k.a. kammerflage kreations has AWESOME breeder chameleons and I plan on buying a panther from them in upcoming months :D check their website out just to see some variety

Thank you so much! I saw on the Screameleon web they offer the whole kit for the Cham. I am trying to figure out what kind of food will be best. I know they feed mainly on crickets and silkworms, the rest is for treats... My only concern is the smell of the crickets and the noise. I guess I can feed him silkworms most of the time and from time to time I'll get crickets (got loaded them first of course) :D

I did check that website, but I am very happy with Screameleons, Their Chams are all beautiful (for both websites) but I felt in love with Gavan. He is just perfect :D Farrah and Vincent have been great. I have like 8 or 9 emails I sent them with questions and they have been very nice.

Thank you so much! I saw on the Screameleon web they offer the whole kit for the Cham. I am trying to figure out what kind of food will be best. I know they feed mainly on crickets and silkworms, the rest is for treats... My only concern is the smell of the crickets and the noise. I guess I can feed him silkworms most of the time and from time to time I'll get crickets (got loaded them first of course) :D

I did check that website, but I am very happy with Screameleons, Their Chams are all beautiful (for both websites) but I felt in love with Gavan. He is just perfect :D Farrah and Vincent have been great. I have like 8 or 9 emails I sent them with questions and they have been very nice.

Crickets don't actually smell nor have I had them make much if any noise especially the young crickets, though I've not heard much from the full sized crickets. If you have your crickets in a place with good ventilation you won't have any problems. Silkworms would also be a great food as it's quite nutritious. Your easiest feeder for your cham as a baby will be crickets and almost everything is too big unless you order online.

I love Screameleons...I'm in love with their Sambavas and Ambanjas...well everything. I'll probably get my next cham from them!

Crickets don't smell as much as you might think, but a lot of people are allergic to their feces which is a problem. I now keep my crickets in the outside storage shed and that's definitely helped with my family's allergy issues.

So, maybe you can find a place outside the house to keep them?

Their chirping is actually pleasant and I sort of miss it....

Crickets don't actually smell nor have I had them make much if any noise especially the young crickets, though I've not heard much from the full sized crickets. If you have your crickets in a place with good ventilation you won't have any problems. Silkworms would also be a great food as it's quite nutritious. Your easiest feeder for your cham as a baby will be crickets and almost everything is too big unless you order online.

I love Screameleons...I'm in love with their Sambavas and Ambanjas...well everything. I'll probably get my next cham from them!

AWESOME!!! (sorry for the caps) I'm actually very excited to hear this. Thank you so much! Yaaay! hehe

hiyas an welcome to the fourms, you mentioned a book? did you look at the avil books from the site ? it has a bookstore

Crickets don't smell as much as you might think, but a lot of people are allergic to their feces which is a problem. I now keep my crickets in the outside storage shed and that's definitely helped with my family's allergy issues.

So, maybe you can find a place outside the house to keep them?

Their chirping is actually pleasant and I sort of miss it....

Hmmm I live in an apartment :confused: no storage shed. and I am a light sleeper, hate their noise. Hopefully I won't be allergic, that will be awful. Thank you for the feedback :)

Congradulations and welcome to the site. As far as books go one of my favs is the chameleon handbook by francois leberre. Its awesome It goes over cage setups and has a pretty extensive species list.

Congradulations and welcome to the site. As far as books go one of my favs is the chameleon handbook by francois leberre. Its awesome It goes over cage setups and has a pretty extensive species list.

Thank you very much! I will check it out :)

I bought Chameleons: Care and Breeding of Jackson's, Panther, Veiled, and Parson's by Gary Ferguson, Kenneth Kalisch, and Sean Mckeown. It discusses Selecting a Chameleon, Heating and Lighting, Housing, Feeding and Maintenance, and Disease and Disorders. It is only 148 pages and gave me a good overview. I am learning the most from right here on this forum from live people with experience in keeping Chams. This site is awesome and very educational.

I definitely would start on colonies for feeding. In my opinion, one should try to eliminate as much cost as they can by having their own colonies. I just got my Cham two weeks ago and I wish I had started on my colonies sooner. I have a good Blaptica Dubia colony (very ideal), but I started my meal worm colony and my superworm colony way to late and I just now have beetles. It will take awhile before I will be producing feeders:mad:. Crickets are cheap if you get them from a bait shop, buy them online and shipping cost more than the crickets it seems. By having your own colonies you will save money and purchase the insects online that are harder to produce your own colony. Good luck, I am just learning like you so I think some of the important things are Lighting, Heating, Supplements (learn about these), know our species as they are all different, Cage Setup, and Water supply.

Good Luck w/ Your Future Panther!!!

kire

Welcome to the forums! there is great information here that realy helped me out when i started out not just 1 month ago! if even!

I bought Chameleons: Care and Breeding of Jackson's, Panther, Veiled, and Parson's by Gary Ferguson, Kenneth Kalisch, and Sean Mckeown. It discusses Selecting a Chameleon, Heating and Lighting, Housing, Feeding and Maintenance, and Disease and Disorders. It is only 148 pages and gave me a good overview. I am learning the most from right here on this forum from live people with experience in keeping Chams. This site is awesome and very educational.

I definitely would start on colonies for feeding. In my opinion, one should try to eliminate as much cost as they can by having their own colonies. I just got my Cham two weeks ago and I wish I had started on my colonies sooner. I have a good Blaptica Dubia colony (very ideal), but I started my meal worm colony and my superworm colony way to late and I just now have beetles. It will take awhile before I will be producing feeders:mad:. Crickets are cheap if you get them from a bait shop, buy them online and shipping cost more than the crickets it seems. By having your own colonies you will save money and purchase the insects online that are harder to produce your own colony. Good luck, I am just learning like you so I think some of the important things are Lighting, Heating, Supplements (learn about these), know our species as they are all different, Cage Setup, and Water supply.

Good Luck w/ Your Future Panther!!!

kire

Thank you so much! I have been researching on food, I guess the sooner the better for the colonies. Thanks again! :)

Welcome to the forums! there is great information here that realy helped me out when i started out not just 1 month ago! if even!

Thank you! This place it's great :)

I want to thank everyone who took the time to write and informed me of different things. I really appreciate it. I am very excited and cannot wait to become a Cham mom :D lol. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Day.

Ali

Back
Top Bottom