Update. With the live plant/new foliage she seems to handle my presence way better. (and have alot more!! Craft store FTW) first time I've seen her with color like this in her cage she is always a darker green. She will not eat from a cup at all they have to be free which I'm concerned. She never did. I wired a feed bowl up with supers and roaches so she might get used to it. I did notice go to towards the bottom and turn dark but she just snatched a roach or a ground dwelling cricket then rolled out to her Vines and went right back green. Should I get a heater to throw down at the bottom? @Beman @JoXie411
She looks much happier! Good job!

So I am in love with this feeder cup! It attaches firmly to the screen. Get the large size though. They can not get out of it but for her it will seem like natural hunting. I prefer to cup feed and the only reason why is this... Should they pick up a parasite and they are used to free feeding they can reinfect themselves if there is a bit of stool left on the branch and the feeder crawls through it and is then eaten. It becomes a cycle where you can't get rid of the parasite. Also there are some parasites that are very very hard to get rid of. So if you are feeding from branches it makes this task 10 times harder. When they are older they are less likely to convert to a feeder because they are set on hunting.
Shooting Gallery feeder.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-shooting-gallery-screened-cage-feeder.169011/

And yes no heat :) Unless your house is below 50 degrees you will never provide a heat source.

So I think Im gonna do away with substrate. The past couple days I've been catching her down and I just came in to her snatching up my dairy cows. She had dirt stuck all over on one side of her face. I sprayed her really good which she seemed to appreciate but she ate the debris. Now I'm super worried and paranoid. Is it gonna do this or that... Did I miss any wood when I sifted etc etc. Hopefully all will be well.

Back
Top Bottom