Thanks everyone! That's the prob my rep vet has zero experience with em'. I really appreciate you guys taking time out of your day to help. I'm gonna call in the morning to make an appointment. I also travel to Pittsburgh/Dearborn/Chicago for work occasionally so I'm sure if need be there are plenty along the way.

I am also in NE Ohio — Lyndhurst.

I take my chams to Dr. Pappas at West Geauga Veterinary Hospital. Google is saying it’s about a 30 minute drive, though I thought it may have been more than that since it’s about 30 minutes for me from Lyndhurst. But maybe not!

Yep not far at all. This would probably be the closest option I'm assuming for me.

Gonna take the substrate out after dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_194231.jpg
    IMG_20190825_194231.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20190825_194249.jpg
    IMG_20190825_194249.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20190825_194315.jpg
    IMG_20190825_194315.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 98
All substrate will become bioactive over time given that it is organic material that bacteria can colonize. The jungle mix is fine if you want to keep it

I've had several cham enclosures with about 1 inch of substrate on the bottom. Doesn't make a difference. I would suggest adding springtails and isopods though. It wouldn't hurt to spot clean if you want.

The purpose of soil is to allow beneficial aerobic bacteria to colonize, marine aquaria have a similar concept.

My only issue with substrate is choking hazard(bark) and non organic materials(carpets, gravel, etc)

All substrate will become bioactive over time given that it is organic material that bacteria can colonize. The jungle mix is fine if you want to keep it

I've had several cham enclosures with about 1 inch of substrate on the bottom. Doesn't make a difference. I would suggest adding springtails and isopods though. It wouldn't hurt to spot clean if you want.

The purpose of soil is to allow beneficial aerobic bacteria to colonize, marine aquaria have a similar concept.

My only issue with substrate is choking hazard(bark) and non organic materials(carpets, gravel, etc)

I guess I should have added that I sifted all the big particles out. Spring tails and isos are there. I have a big bin mixed up. I use this substrate for my geckos full life cycles w/o probs.

Edit: spelling

I guess I should have added that I sifted all the big particles out. Spring tails and isos are there. I have a big bin mixed up. I use this substrate for my geckos full life cycles w/o probs.

This sounds like you shouldn't have a problem with it, in this case. James will follow up if he thinks any tweaks should be made :)

LOL gotta include that your bio active or we all go ewwww take it out. @jamest0o0 is our bug guy and bio active wizard. So if you have any questions he is the brain you want to pick.

Update. With the live plant/new foliage she seems to handle my presence way better. (and have alot more!! Craft store FTW) first time I've seen her with color like this in her cage she is always a darker green. She will not eat from a cup at all they have to be free which I'm concerned. She never did. I wired a feed bowl up with supers and roaches so she might get used to it. I did notice go to towards the bottom and turn dark but she just snatched a roach or a ground dwelling cricket then rolled out to her Vines and went right back green. Should I get a heater to throw down at the bottom? @Beman @JoXie411

Attachments

• IMG_20190826_155940.jpg
    IMG_20190826_155940.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190826_160811.jpg
    IMG_20190826_160811.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 46
  • MVIMG_20190826_160927.jpg
    MVIMG_20190826_160927.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 92
I know you asked them, so I hope I am worthy when I say, no heater at the bottom :notworthy:(y)
Just let her be and not worry when she goes dark and down? I know I need a laying bin to get her used to it but I haven't found exactly what I have in mind yet. She's alot more sensitive than any kind of geckos I've kept.

Back
Top Bottom