Emmy

Hey,

I just heared of this website and wanted to give it a try. Hopefully if i need to ask any questions someone here could help me out. About 5 months ago I purchased a female veiled chameleon. I was told by a friend that soon I should be expected to see eggs forming in her stomach. Could someone tell me what they should look like and what I should do to prepare her so she can succesfully lay them. Thanks so much.:)

Thanks, could you just tell me what age I should expect noticing eggs forming on my female veiled and what's the first thing I should do for her so she has a succesfull laying.

First off Welcome.

I believe that they can start forming eggs as early as 6 months. If you notice her pacing the bottom of the cage you want to set up a Laying site. This site should be a bucket of some sort with at least 10 inches plus of a Soil/Sand mix. The Soil will need to be wet enough that you can make a tunnel in it without it colapsing. You dont want it to wet either. She may dig several test holes before actually laying. They do not like to be watched while digging/ laying either. I am no expert, these are just the basics that I have picked up on these forums. Others with more experience can help out more with specifics.

Frank

Frank Castle said:
First off Welcome.

I believe that they can start forming eggs as early as 6 months. If you notice her pacing the bottom of the cage you want to set up a Laying site. This site should be a bucket of some sort with at least 10 inches plus of a Soil/Sand mix. The Soil will need to be wet enough that you can make a tunnel in it without it colapsing. You dont want it to wet either. She may dig several test holes before actually laying. They do not like to be watched while digging/ laying either. I am no expert, these are just the basics that I have picked up on these forums. Others with more experience can help out more with specifics.

Frank
I believe thats right

Emmy said:
I was told by a friend that soon I should be expected to see eggs forming in her stomach. Could someone tell me what they should look like and what I should do to prepare her so she can succesfully lay them. Thanks so much.:)
Female Veileds don't have to produce eggs (sans mating), if you provide them with a good, planned and monitored diet, you will be able to keep them healthy, growing, but without infertile eggs forming.

I have an ~11 month old female veiled chameleon that is still growing strong and doesn't appear to be slowing down. (I have no male veiled chameleons, and she is a virgin) She has never laid eggs because I keep her at low healthy weights. Its been suggested (maybe proven) that overfed veiled females are producing eggs because of excess food that they are eating- but not necessarily needing.

Okay thanks so much for all your help if i notice her around the bottom of her cage i'll put soil in right away. Thanks again:)

Okay thanks so much for all the info. If i see her around the bottom of her cage i'll make sure to lay down some soil right away:)

Could you tell me how many little bumps should there be will it be about 10 or more like 30?

UseforAdobe10.jpg

Emmy said:
Could you tell me how many little bumps should there be will it be about 10 or more like 30?
Could be none, could be many. There is no way to tell how many eggs one would have just by looking. Lower numbers of eggs are usually better for the females health.

i have a 3 year old female veiled chameleon and i can usually tell wen she is going to lay because she looks fatter i dont think ive ever noticed bumps but thats just me. she will also walk all around the cage so know to put the bucket of soil in her cage. then i cover the cage so she feels more comfortable and then it usually takes her a few days to start digging.

Westcoast,
was there any purpose in your relies to this thread?

westcoastchameleons said:
You've come to right place, feel free to ask any q's about chams.

Yes the poster is in the right place that is why they are here. They did ask questions, only you made no effort to answer them nor point them in the right direction.

westcoastchameleons said:
I believe thats right

You do! Well then why did you not provide the information in your post responding to the posters question?

I do not understand why some individuals find it necessary to reply to every post but yet provide no information, nor answer the posters questions in any way. Seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.

Sorry to hijack you thread emmy.

Good Day.

Size

Hi i was just wondering how big are female vieled supposed to get? Mine is six months now and about 3.5 inches including her tail? How much bigger should she get and when??
Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom