NEW Light product from VivTech

Ruthless

Avid Member
Here is a new product coming soon from a company called https://vivtechproducts.com/
Not much information yet but sounds promising. Here is a YouTube link discussing a little bit about what it is scrub to 15:00 mark.
Lmk know your thoughts so far.

Meh.... I wish they would have showed the readings with the solarmeter 6.5 that was sitting on the desk. I would have liked to see what the actual UVI output was with it. Not sure that I would use these for a chameleon though. Looks like the spread may not be much similar to the radius of heat from a heat bulb. So this would be a very small area that the cham would have to bask in. This would make me nervous with a cham.

Personally I will stick the the T5HO fixture and bulb. They are launching this bulb for $89.99 and saying it has a 4 year life. Not bad but you still have to buy the fixture. You can get a quality T5HO and 6% arcadia for $60 has a life of at least 18 months on that bulb then replacement bulbs are like $20. Understanding this is plants and UVB but ehhhh I dunno.

...More like the 17:00 minute mark.

You have to buy a fixture for any UVB lamp.
This bulb appears to fit a standard E26/E27 socket (like a clamp light). If it doesn't, somebody'll make one that does in short order.

I'm also curious about the beam angle, and what the readings are as you get further from dead center toward the perimeter.

Since there are apparently UVB LEDs now, it shouldn't be too long before someone arranges them in a liner bulb.

The little plant light LED... IDK why they bothered—especially @ 3W divided between the 3 diodes.

Back
Top Bottom