New Humidifier to test the "Naturalistic Approach"

Hello
I had a lot of issues keeping my Chameleon hydrated and finally took the plunge on trying a humidifier at night over a month ago. After needing to give him meds that would affect his kidneys. So firstly, this thread really helped me when figuring out the best method, so thank you for helping this long time lurker! :) Overnight hydration has really helped keep his urates whiter and saved me from a lot of stress.

However I have the same humidifier as you and have found it a bit of a pain to clean. So I was wondering, do you seal the base at all when in use? Or anything to avoid mold growing? Admittedly my house has a humidity problem (not helped my multiple fish tanks and a mist king mind lol) so it was always going to be more of an issue. Currently I only use it every other day and clean/ thoroughly dry it between uses.

So my situation is a bit different than yours, but I am using it every night at the highest setting for quite a few hours. I increased the duration over time to see what results I was getting. In your case you may want to cut back on misting during the day with the MistKing since you likely have more than enough humidity. What are the humidity levels in the enclosure? How often are you misting each day?

I haven't had any mold due to using the unit, but will clean the base out as needed. This is not every day, but maybe once a week. I am using distilled water and the unit is kept inside the base cabinet under the enclosure so it is not exposed to light. Other than that I am not doing anything special with the unit.

Hi
I'm kind of in an intermediary phase at the moment now summer is creeping in so I'm still tweaking my mistking settings to stay in the 60% range, whereas in winter I was trying to keep it below 80%. Currently 3 mists a day, 2x2min and 1x4mins, though I'm planning on changing that the next day off I get to measure humidity properly throughout the day. I don't want to bog your thread down with those details though. :)

Not exposing the unit to light should have been obvious but amazingly, it's something I overlooked. So thank you very much, hopefully that will improve things a lot.

I laugh at ya'll and your humidity challenges... muahhaha. I'm in Maryland and you'll never hear anyone complain about it not being humid enough! The humidity in my house is usually around 50% in the summer, no problem keeping the cham enclosures in range!

I laugh at ya'll and your humidity challenges... muahhaha. I'm in Maryland and you'll never hear anyone complain about it not being humid enough! The humidity in my house is usually around 50% in the summer, no problem keeping the cham enclosures in range!
Damn! Its 15% humidity here and going to be 102-104f. So jealous right now.

Yea with temps reaching 104 here getting humidity levels up is a struggle right now. I’m at 20%
Damn! Its 15% humidity here and going to be 102-104f. So jealous right now.

Back
Top Bottom