New Hatchlings

Ok here is a update or 2 in one kinda deal!!!
DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

And introduced some FF in today and BAM almost all are eating already! Some of them still have a little bit of sack connected and are eating... I'm in for it now i think, have 8 cultures going and think i should order more....

Yes they did hatch!! Thats great. The enclosure looks great too. My babies didnt eat a single fruitfly only pins. I bought a ton of FF that all went to waste:mad: Have fun!

Awesome Ren! Such an excellent job on these cages, and I always like to see pictures of tiny baby chams.

Awesome job on those cages Ren! I like how you added those basking bulbs to the florescent fixture. I think I will try and do that next....my baby cages are small and there's no room to add basking bulbs.

Awesome job on those cages Ren! I like how you added those basking bulbs to the florescent fixture. I think I will try and do that next....my baby cages are small and there's no room to add basking bulbs.
Most important about adding the bulbs to the tube fixture is to add them in before it gets to the balast in the light fixture...

Most Excellent :)

That is a most excellent job Ren! You really did some class act work there. I'm jealous to be sure. I hope your girls are enjoying the little babies :)

awesome!!!!

that's one wicked looking cage !!!
ummmm... do you accept custom cage order?:D

Ok had a break from posts and stuff on this one. took a little r&r since they hatched, so the staining and the poly'ing has to stop and ill finish it completely once they have outgrown the enclosure... mostly i have 3 per unit and a few have 4.... every once in a while i look in to find 5 or 6 in one unit and have yet to figure out how.......lol they are all looking great and a few of them have really kewl blueish color.... with the light hood I built I ended up with a heat issue, not withe the chams but with the ballast inside the fixture and made the tubes go out... working on that now but the babies are all doing very well and are eating fruit flies and super small mealies like crazy.. one even bit me was funny of coarse i had to swallow pride and tell him who's boss

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

Just wanted to share.... LOL nailed a fruit fly. was just a bit late...

DSC_0416.jpg

Last edited:
the wood work you did to enclose that light is really nice man you didnt take any short cuts makin that really nice job

the wood work you did to enclose that light is really nice man you didnt take any short cuts makin that really nice job

Looks good but the function isn't quite there yet...lol...heat build up is killing me. making the ballasts go out.. this is the second one. I must add a fan or simply more room inside the light fixture to dissipate heat...

grainger has small control panel fans you could use a hole saw on your drill go thru the wood in the center of the fixture they look like the fans in your computer

grainger has small control panel fans you could use a hole saw on your drill go thru the wood in the center of the fixture they look like the fans in your computer

Thanx, ill look into it.. will have to go and get a new light and change it over..

is there really much of a market for this kind of thing?

What kind fo thing would that be? If your referring to the enclosure setup I have maybe not, but im not selling it and it is doing so much better for me and the space i have to work with in my home..... so I would say yes, it is suiting me very well thanks!

Back
Top Bottom