New Hatchlings

Well this is what I came up with...
The Floor 3 coats of polyurethane
DSC_0355.jpg

The cages themselves, made of screen repair pieces and aluminum bug screen
DSC_0356.jpg

bottom applied
DSC_0358.jpg

Sealed with silicone, goes on white drys clear.
DSC_0359.jpg

Top stained poly'd and sealed as well applied to top of cage..
DSC_0360.jpg

And Ill show the top once its finished with hinged top and going to try to make my own lighting fixture that will house dual 2ft UVB bulbs

WOW! Good job. That is a fantastic baby cage. They should be very happy roaming around. I don't think it matters that they can see each other, at least for awhile. You can always get some aquarium sheeting to put between them if needed I guess.

Very cool. Will be efficient with the lighting and will make your life much easier than having separate screen cages like me.LOL. Well done I must say.

Wow, I'm jealous :). The dimensions sound good, and it looks terrific. You could display that thing anywhere. Very handy, too.

Can't wait to see photos of it full!

Ren, That is FABULOUS! How much effort went into that thing? I think I may need you to guide me through the building of one of those one day. Perhaps you've started a hatchling cage revolution!

That does look good...

but 1 question, what about during misting?
Just like a bunk bed, I sure don't like to be the one who is stuck at the bottom :)

Ive been thinking of the misting issue... I may drill a few holes in the bottom of the cage and lift it up and place a small gutter like system under it to catch the water into a bucket.. and just a little more framing and such i can put legs on it and hide the ugliness... All my materials came from Lowes , which is where i work so when im slow i walk around and try to get ideas or stuff to build and whatnot...I'm glad you all liked it I was starting to think that maybe I've went in a wrong direction..I picked up a few handles, hinges and a deal to hold up the door when feeding etc.... got a few more eggs starting to sweat , got fruit flies culturing up now, maybe ill finish this thing just in time....Thanks all, any info also is appreciated, may help in the future with other builds...

That does look good...

but 1 question, what about during misting?
Just like a bunk bed, I sure don't like to be the one who is stuck at the bottom :)
It lays flat it isn't a tall cage..so the bottom guys wont get drenched lol

Back
Top Bottom