New Hatchlings

Props for that construction, best baby cage I've seen. Did you buy the metal frames and add screen into them yourself or did the pieces come with screen in them? Say someone couldn't find the smaller interior screen pieces, do you think pvc foam board (of the variety that comes in screen cage bottoms) would be a functional substitute?

I'm sure the foam inserts would work as well, and the screen was all replacement screening aluminum frames with plastic corners , so you can make them any size you want... it all cost me roughly 45$ with my 10% discount, and about 20$ for hinges, the deals that will hold open the lid, and handles... I special ordered the handles...little lizard pulls....i already had the screen but was about a 25ft worth.. it was tedious, its harder to screen your own and not to pull the sides in when you stretch the screen... and as far as the wooden part of it, has to look nice otherwise wife will have it outside...

Ok here are a few more pics with the lid and such on...
DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

Hopefully next pics will be with the stand on or even better full of healthy new babies....what would you all put inside? pothos plants? fake plants?a few vines?

You better patent that ! Really thou thats really creative i found the screens at home depot im goin to make one thanks for the idea

ok so we need lighting for this thing... so this is what I've come up with...a repti-glo 5.0 4 footer and drilled out and tapped in 4 candelabra sockets with 40watt bulbs for heating...will have to monitor for temps before this is set but so far so good, of coarse to me this doesn't look ascetically pleasing to me so there will be a face lift, but that will be in the next few pics...check it out..

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

Ok here are a few more pics with the lid and such on...
DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

Hopefully next pics will be with the stand on or even better full of healthy new babies....what would you all put inside? pothos plants? fake plants?a few vines?

That thing is seriously a work of art. I want one! How much? ;)

So far I think I have about 80$ -100$ in it, and a 4ft aquarium hood cost 89$.... i just like to make my own stuff and fix things up to look different or make them "better" than they are...I have only took other members ideas and changed them and "improved" them to my own needs and so far its working out... I'm on a rush now, just looked and I have 2 heads poking out and a lot of sweating happening...Must work on the hood covering and get some plants in there tomorrow...

so what does its stand look like
the stand isn't built yet, but the top will be removable as the lighting fixture for it to be moved outside for natural sunlight for the little ones...the stand will have 2 drawers as well as 2 doors for food storage and perhaps some plugins...

They're here!!! They have started hatching now.... i have about 13 or 14 trying out the new cages and found a few flaws and working on it now.. haha crafty little buggers...still working on teh light and will post pics up after i get it all taken care of...

Back
Top Bottom