New Hatchlings Kinyongia multituberculata

Seeco

Avid Member
These guys popped out of nowhere! I casually glanced in the incubator and saw one pawing at the side of its container. Looked in and 6 had already hatched. The other 4 came out the next day. 100% hatch rate :D After the last one hatched it started raining outside. Interesting correlation that happens at least 1/5 times.
6516855909_54ab9cdf8c_b.jpg

Congrats Seeco that is wonderful news!! They look great, like they need a bath LOL, but GREAT! I LOVE what you are doing with this species.

Congratulations Seeco! I am glad to see that there is a 100% hatch rate! You are a great asset to the species. c:
-Thanks for sharing this amazing part of the life of a Chameleon.

Congratulations on these births, interesting relationship between hatching and rain seems very successful.
I do not keep such high humidity in the jars of eggs right now is about 75% and I hope the hatching of 10 new multis in about a month, if not true would raise the humidity to stimulate hatching.
Congratulations.

maybe rain stimulates babies to hatch due to the abundance
of insects afterward............

correct me if i am wrong

Congratulations on these births, interesting relationship between hatching and rain seems very successful.
I do not keep such high humidity in the jars of eggs right now is about 75% and I hope the hatching of 10 new multis in about a month, if not true would raise the humidity to stimulate hatching.
Congratulations.

maybe rain stimulates babies to hatch due to the abundance
of insects afterward............

correct me if i am wrong

Yeah I think there is probably a reason for this. It could be availability of prey or it could just mean softer dirt to dig out.

Eaton, I feel the trigger is barometric pressure not just wetness. I keep my eggs fairly wet at all times.

Back
Top Bottom