New Hatchlings Kinyongia multituberculata

Awesome Seeco! Congratulations :) they look so cute :) I saw an add in the classifieds of one of your males who is incredibly awesome!

My multi babys hatched the last 3 days. They eggs were layed at 30. dec 2010 and the babys hatched 6.-8. January 2011
I find this very special because the flash made the eye shine through the skin. Some scales are missing, so this looks scary ;)
I called it "golden eye"
auge_scheint_durch.jpg

(this is the picture I uploaded in January photo-contest)

Wow congrats. The babies from above are all doing great. Too bad you are overseas or we could make some pairs.

Are any wild caught Kinyongia coming in to Germany?

Yeah I think there is probably a reason for this. It could be availability of prey or it could just mean softer dirt to dig out.

Eaton, I feel the trigger is barometric pressure not just wetness. I keep my eggs fairly wet at all times.

Hmm..I built an adjustable Barometric pressure chamber for some research I was doing on ticks, ill bet I could modify it to hook up to an incubator to test this...but it'll be a while before I have any eggs lol

Hmm..I built an adjustable Barometric pressure chamber for some research I was doing on ticks, ill bet I could modify it to hook up to an incubator to test this...but it'll be a while before I have any eggs lol

Holy crabs! That sounds like a GREAT experiment. How hard is it to build?

It's not all that difficult to build, at least for one that served the purposes I needed it for. The only parts I didn't get at home depot were the vacuum/air pump and my handy little humidity/temperature/Barometric pressure probe (of course those are the two most expensive parts lol) ill get you a copy of my initial write up with the methods and materials next time I'm in the lab, mine is adjustable by about 4 millibars at a time but with some tweaking it could be even more sensitive. The flask with water in the pic draws air through the water to help maintain the humidity when the air gets sucked out lol

Attachments

• IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 265
Oh wow. Looks cool. So the cylinder with the blue lid would be switched for a flatter one for the eggs. The ability to add moisture is great -- can you control the humidity precisely?

How do you get the probe in there?

I've struggled with the humidity a bit to be honest, but I can generally keep it around 65-70%, the probe I just hang from a wire loop taped to the inside of the lid! Lol maybe ill do this for my senior research for my bachelors, I should have some chams breeding by then, but by all means feel free to investigate yourself, I'm not sure if there would be any negative effects on the hatchlings, so I wouldn't try to entice them out too early, but who knows maybe it could be just the ticket for hatching a stubborn clutch haha

Wow congrats. The babies from above are all doing great. Too bad you are overseas or we could make some pairs.

Are any wild caught Kinyongia coming in to Germany?

yes, sometimes.
I got 2 pairs of K boehmei WC a few months ago. (one female layed 8 eggs this weekend)

wow. That's surprising. Just small numbers though?

There were several K boehmei imports to Germany the last 2 years. - Also some species from Tanzania (2 of my vosseleri are WC as well). I dont think there are many, but frequently.

Here's an update. This is bloodline I. My last F1 babies. They got all brown when I put them in the sun but they are often very bright green:
6799387049_faa5e305d5_b.jpg

6799387619_3cbf371d46_b.jpg

6799388257_d25461b8cd_b.jpg

6799388825_ac9486717f_b.jpg

Here is Dad. He is kinda ancient when this photo was taken. At his prime he was insane-o:
6799386365_2b2f882b6a_b.jpg

Drumroll please . . . here is handsome Mom. So bright I thought she was a male and complained to the importer! :eek:
6799384007_d4a660155a_b.jpg

6799385223_412a962423_b.jpg

my eggs just started sweating:D
I cant wait after reading this thread!

Attachments

• temp folder 003.JPG
    temp folder 003.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 304
Back
Top Bottom