New guy with cage question

That viv is 100% automated, literally all I do is feed them.

Go on FB marketplace and search display cabinets. You can get one for the same price as a Reptibreeze XL. Maybe most need very little work to finish them. You can also get a free-standing one that’s half as wide and just as tall, work just as well.

Welome! Right there with you...ordered an XL reptibreeze by mail to replace the medium- it came a little dinged up (still completely functional) but I needed it so I kept it. Installed some dragon strand ledges, which are great and bring the enclosure waaay up. Built a rolling cart to size to hold it (my carpentry skills and tools are pretty rudimentary) and I'm satisfied. There comes a point when you reach saturation and that place is different for everyone. Chams are a black hole for money, right? Anyway...gotta run to the post office to pick up some bugs now, lol ;)

Talk about black holes... I also have 2 reef aquariums and 2 fresh water aquariums to boot...i have no money!

Lol, so far I have only spent a small fraction of the cost of my main reef tank on this grumpy lizard. My 120 gallon 2x2x4 tank, sump and stand ran me over 2 grand just to get it up and stable. My little 25 gallon clown and anemone system ran me over $500 to get up and stable. Then, because these tanks require so much RO/DI water, I installed a filter so I could save hundreds of dollars on water changes. So, my little output of several hundred (so far) for this wonderfully colorful little guy is not so bad so far. Of course...I am just beginning, lol. I went ahead and ordered some Dragon Ledges for the Reptibreeze and am waiting on them to come in before I move him into it. I already have a mist king for the cage, and am planning to use Great Stuff to make ledges and pots for live plants and such. I have a 24" reptisun t5HO (currently with a 5.0 bulb, but have ordered an Arcadia 12 for the big cage) and a dual dome basking/plant light. In the end, I am planning to get a quad fixture instead, but I bought what I have before I really had any solid plans. Right now, he is in the medium sized ZooMed kit, but I stuffed it with branches and silk plants I bought from Hobby Lobby. He seems to be content with his current situation, but I am sure he will be much happier once I get him into his big home. Plus...I really want to start using real plants and ditch these fake vines and foliage.

Back
Top Bottom