NEW Dragon Strand Clear Side! AKA Beman's Mansion!

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Our waiting has been rewarded with the delivery of the much anticipated newest Dragon Strand Medium Tall Clear Side Atrium! I believe the actual release of info for this new model will be in March. So dimensions are 30 inches wide, 24 deep, and 48 tall! Beman is a very very happy boy zooming around everywhere!

A HUGE thank you to everyone that has answered questions and assisted in helping me learn. My little impulse buy had a very fast learning curve! Was very stressful on both of us trying to go backwards to get the enclosure on point for him.

This was my vision for his cage. Would love feedback as well! If you see something wrong please let me know.

In case anyone is curious as to what I used I am including the info in this thread as well.

LIGHTING: 30 inch T5 quad lighting system from Light Your Reptiles. 1 plant pro bulb, 1 12% arcadia UVB bulb, and 2 6500 daylight bulbs. Using a fukers adjustable dome with 60 watt bulb on an exo terra lamp holder to get it a bit above the screen and angled toward basking under uvb.

Basking level is about 6-7 inches down from the lights. I am achieving between a 3-4 UVI level from the UVB lighting at basking. Diffused going down. Basking spot is right about 84-86 degrees.
1 wired thermometer at basking site, 2 thermometer/hydrometers... 1 located upper right and the other located bottom left.
I am now finally able to keep his enclosure at a steady 50% humidity level with the Clear side. After misting it shoots up to about 75% but then drops back down to 65%.

Mist king system with 2 single heads. One in the front middle and one in the right back corner. I had a duel head for one but it was overkill having all 3.

I am using a fogger at night modeled after one of the chameleon Breeder podcasts on naturalistic hydration.

I am still using a little dripper because Beman has always preferred to zap the tip of the hose when the water drips out.

I used 9 exo terra bendable vines, 3 large jungle trees, 3 small jungle trees, and 3 wacky wood pieces. Pic below of items and tags for reference.

Plants are... 1 large pothos, 1 tiny N Joy pothos, and one dracaena

ALSO I FORGOT TO ADD IN... The blue background is wrapping paper I bought and wrapped the cardboard pieces that came with the cage packaging. They come with pieces that are the exact size of the panels. Then I took Velcro circles and put them in each corner and in the middle to hook them to the cage. Easily removable this way and I can change the paper if I get tired of it. :)

Please note: do not use the ledges as I have with hanging pots on them directly... Follow as Bill directs on the Dragon ledge info page with using the sticks attached to the ledges and attaching pots to the sticks. Not doing this creates a bit of torque to the ledge and clear side material. I got too creative for my own good so I will be correcting a few things with my initial design.

vines.jpg IMG_2712.jpg with blue backing.jpg empty.jpg side.jpg Front cage2.jpg front 1 .jpg Beman in cage1.jpg Beman in cage2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! He looks right at home already.
He seems to be very happy with it. He immediately started eating this morning without any issue and he has been exploring everywhere. I was worried he would just want to always be in his enclosure with it being so big. But he has wanted to come out a few times today to hang out on his play area next to my desk. Then I was trying to set the timer up for the mist king below him on the floor and he crawled down to the bottom and just watched me. Gave up and went back to the top after about 5 minutes. Guess he figured out mom was busy and he wasn't getting out lol.
He is a total character. I was truly blessed to have found such an amazing little guy with the best temperament.

Our waiting has been rewarded with the delivery of the much anticipated newest Dragon Strand Medium Tall Clear Side Atrium! I believe the actual release of info for this new model will be in March. So dimensions are 30 inches wide, 24 deep, and 48 tall! Beman is a very very happy boy zooming around everywhere!

A HUGE thank you to everyone that has answered questions and assisted in helping me learn. My little impulse buy had a very fast learning curve! Was very stressful on both of us trying to go backwards to get the enclosure on point for him.

This was my vision for his cage. Would love feedback as well! If you see something wrong please let me know.

In case anyone is curious as to what I used I am including the info in this thread as well.

LIGHTING: 30 inch T5 quad lighting system from Light Your Reptiles. 1 plant pro bulb, 1 12% arcadia UVB bulb, and 2 6500 daylight bulbs. Using a fukers adjustable dome with 60 watt bulb on an exo terra lamp holder to get it a bit above the screen and angled toward basking under uvb.

Basking level is about 6-7 inches down from the lights. I am achieving between a 3-4 UVI level from the UVB lighting at basking. Diffused going down. Basking spot is right about 84-86 degrees.
1 wired thermometer at basking site, 2 thermometer/hydrometers... 1 located upper right and the other located bottom left.
I am now finally able to keep his enclosure at a steady 50% humidity level with the Clear side. After misting it shoots up to about 75% but then drops back down to 65%.

Mist king system with 2 single heads. One in the front middle and one in the right back corner. I had a duel head for one but it was overkill having all 3.

I am using a fogger at night modeled after one of the chameleon Breeder podcasts on naturalistic hydration.

I am still using a little dripper because Beman has always preferred to zap the tip of the hose when the water drips out.

I used 9 exo terra bendable vines, 3 large jungle trees, 3 small jungle trees, and 3 wacky wood pieces. Pic below of items and tags for reference.

Plants are... 1 large pothos, 1 tiny N Joy pothos, and one dracaena

Please note: do not use the ledges as I have with hanging pots on them directly... Follow as Bill directs on the Dragon ledge info page with using the sticks attached to the ledges and attaching pots to the sticks. Not doing this creates a bit of torque to the ledge and clear side material. I got too creative for my own good so I will be correcting a few things with my initial design.

View attachment 223998View attachment 223999View attachment 224000View attachment 224001View attachment 224002View attachment 224003View attachment 224004View attachment 224005View attachment 224006
That’s why you’ve been so quiet lately, you’ve been busy! Awesome setup!

You are lucky, that's awesome he has such a great temperament. I had a male veiled a LONG time ago; he was a looker but he HATED me.
Haha...that's me with my boy Godrick! He hates me no matter what I try, so far. I don't force it though. I haven't had him long so I keep holding out hope that he might at least hate me less as he sees I'm not trying to kill him and I give him a ton of treats lol.

You are lucky, that's awesome he has such a great temperament. I had a male veiled a LONG time ago; he was a looker but he HATED me.
Yeah he picked me hence the impulse buy. Which I do not recommend to anyone because it was the most stressful few months of my life trying to learn as much as possible rapidly to make sure I didn't kill him. I didn't even stress this much after bringing home my newborn daughter.:p But he acts like a dog. I think in the Veiled world he is unlike most for sure.

Beman's Mansion has a nice ring to it! He is for sure a lucky boy to have a momma like you! You did a great job!! :love::D(y)
Thanks love! His momma is exhausted now. I just finished putting together his black out curtain for when lights go out. He is in our living room so I have to be very thoughtful of his 12 hours of total darkness. I have to go break down boxes for the recycling tomorrow but all I want is dinner... served by someone else... with a beer LOL

Looks dialed! I really like the wider format as apposed to the std 2x2x4 ratio.

I'm also using a 12% Arcadia in a quad fixture. I couldn't achieve target UVB from the 6% even with it directly on the top screen.
Thank you! Yeah I had the same issue with the 6%. Found out after I bought a solarmeter that it was barely a 1 UVI 1 inch from the screen. No Bueno. :(

Ha! I'm 5' 3-3/4" there's a happy little folding step stool lovingly placed near my Godrick's habitat too. He's in the corner of my bedroom, but I have a blackout cover on his habitat for bedtime too because sometimes I need to go in there and I need a light on so I can do what I need to do without breaking my neck:LOL: :p Good job! You are so good to Beman! He's a lucky boy! :love:(y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom