New DIY Cage

ChameleonNerd

I just got my new enclosure today from DIYCages.com and it's really great so far. Just thought i'd post a few pictures

Attachments

• IMAG0426.jpg
    IMAG0426.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0429.jpg
    IMAG0429.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0431.jpg
    IMAG0431.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 108
These are nice cages! BUT I personally would never get one again due to the hinge breaking off and my Veiled was lost outside for a few days...I was lucky to even find him again! No Offense DIY.. :(

i noticed the hinge looks slightly flimsy. i think it will do fine though.

and yes, she seems to love it - but i won't know for sure until tomorrow morning

I have had great success with my DIY's, one of them stays outside as a sunning cage with no problems.

Your cage looks awesome!!, you did a great job with the interior
anne

WHAT?!?!?! i ordered mine 2 weeks ago..supposedly it shipped last monday and still havent gotten it :( im soo excited to get it...hopefully tomorrow... :/

Mine took a bit longer than expected, too. It didn't take two weeks though. A week and a half max.

Either way, it's worth it. The locks are a little flimsy - my one complaint

But other than that, the setup is a breeze. BUT - I almost didn't realize that there are 2 different size screws because they are in the same baggie. The big ones are for the frame, the Small ones are for the hinges on the door. Best of luck!

Nice. How did you attach the wooden rods to the screen? :D

I went to home depot and bought wooden dowels. Lined them up with the top of the cage, horizontally, and cut them. I also bought these tacks at Home Depot like thumb tacks. I pressed them in before i put them in the cage to make the holes in the wood, then removed them, so that they went in easy once they were set in place - just to make sure i didn't rip the aluminum mesh

I went to home depot and bought wooden dowels. Lined them up with the top of the cage, horizontally, and cut them. I also bought these tacks at Home Depot like thumb tacks. I pressed them in before i put them in the cage to make the holes in the wood, then removed them, so that they went in easy once they were set in place - just to make sure i didn't rip the aluminum mesh

great idea! ill have to do that for my cham :)

WHAT?!?!?! i ordered mine 2 weeks ago..supposedly it shipped last monday and still havent gotten it :( im soo excited to get it...hopefully tomorrow... :/

Dont worry about the wait Amanda, I'm still waiting for mine too.. It's supposed to come tomorrow, but who knows. Thanksgiving backed up everything.

grrr -.- the impatience is killing me, haha. cant get my cham till my cage is set up :/

Tell me about it. I have my chams (the 2 veileds) outside the whole year, but I have to bring them in now because there is a hawk that's been stalking them. I cant use their outdoor cages inside, so this wait sucks. My mom has to keep her eyes on them while I'm at school.

Tell me about it. I have my chams (the 2 veileds) outside the whole year, but I have to bring them in now because there is a hawk that's been stalking them. I cant use their outdoor cages inside, so this wait sucks. My mom has to keep her eyes on them while I'm at school.

hawks are no good :/ its too cold in pa to house chams outside...so hopefully i dont have that problem :/

Back
Top Bottom