new chameleon owner

tnerb99

Hi everyone:
I'm new to the forum and new as a panther chameleon owner,
I have a 7 month old Stanley, I have had him for about 3 weeks in a 6'x 28"x28" cage 3 sides are blocked off to keep humidity, I recently bought the monsoon misting system set at every 4 hours for 90 sec, he's eating quite well ( I think) 5-7 crickets a day. however I noticed yesterday that he is really chomping down on the money tree leaves. should I be misting more?
thank you for your help
Brent

That is a good level...honestly I have caught my guy doing the same every now and then. As long as your levels are good and his urates are nice and white...then you really have no concern. Have you seen a recent urate?

ya he pooped yesterday on my daughter haha.. it was nice and white. he seems healthy active pooping looks good...thanks for your advice and help. these guys are really a fun pet

Hi everyone:
I'm new to the forum and new as a panther chameleon owner,
I have a 7 month old Stanley, I have had him for about 3 weeks in a 6'x 28"x28" cage 3 sides are blocked off to keep humidity, I recently bought the monsoon misting system set at every 4 hours for 90 sec, he's eating quite well ( I think) 5-7 crickets a day. however I noticed yesterday that he is really chomping down on the money tree leaves. should I be misting more?
thank you for your help
Brent
If your cham is "chomping down" on the plastic leaves he's either drinking, or indicating that he wants some leafy vegetables. A good source of greens that contain high doses of vitamins are kale. My veils and panthers seems to need that as an alternate food source. They love it. I break it into smaller pieces so they're not wrangling a huge piece, just enough to chomp on. As far as closing up 3 sides of your cage, I have always read to keep them clear for air flow, esp since you're misting frequently.

I'd check before giving kale. I read it can affect the calcium levels? Or alters how it's processed?
Lots of people put sheeting/plastic/similar around 2-3 sides for humidity. Aslong as there is ample air flow, 1-2 sides and top uncovered.
Kath.

Back
Top Bottom