Help! New chameleon owner here.

Horselover2003

Hi. So I’m a new chameleon owner here & I’ve had my guy Clyde for a week now. He’s still brown/tan during the day. At night he’s beautiful. But during the day he is still brown and I’m concerned. He has a big set up, gets feed crickets (calc without d3), worms, lettuce, he has a dripper system & mister. Has real plants. Heat lamp, uvb light. All the priorities! Help!

Attachments

• IMG_9571.jpeg
    IMG_9571.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 55
hey there!! did you purchase him from a pet chain supply store? a change from their small enclosures to big enclosures with the things they actually need can stress them out at first!! It took my female panther chameleon about three weeks to really settle into her new place! however, it is not a bad idea to find a local reptile vet and get into contact with them now for the sake of wellness checks and any future complications!! I also checked my girl into the vet about two weeks in because she was stressing me out so bad with her lethargic behavior and they gave her fluids and vitamins and she did much better when she came back!!

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
If you fill this out some of the experienced keepers will be able to help you quicker once they see this.

Thread 'How to ask for help'
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

He may be just adjusting. But if you have your husbandry reviewed, they will be able to tell you if anything is off 😊 also chameleons themselves don’t get fed lettuce, but you can feed dark leafy greens to the bugs you will be feeding your chameleon. 💚 best of luck!

hey there!! did you purchase him from a pet chain supply store? a change from their small enclosures to big enclosures with the things they actually need can stress them out at first!! It took my female panther chameleon about three weeks to really settle into her new place! however, it is not a bad idea to find a local reptile vet and get into contact with them now for the sake of wellness checks and any future complications!! I also checked my girl into the vet about two weeks in because she was stressing me out so bad with her lethargic behavior and they gave her fluids and vitamins and she did much better when she came back!!
Thank you for responding! & I got him from a local family owned pet store! & I’m very nervous about him being that color. But I’m also nervous to stress him out even more (if that’s what is causing this color) by taking him to the vet. I dont know what to do! Ugh!!

Thank you for responding! & I got him from a local family owned pet store! & I’m very nervous about him being that color. But I’m also nervous to stress him out even more (if that’s what is causing this color) by taking him to the vet. I dont know what to do! Ugh!!
Hi and welcome do you have a full picture of your enclosure, is his viv in a busy area ,are there any other pets in the room

Welcome to the forum. If you could post a pic of the entire enclosure including lighting on top. This will help us initially spot issues if there are any.

He is very angry in that pic. Did they tell you any back ground on him, like where they got him?

Back
Top Bottom