New Cham, new(ish) enclosure

getwitit

So my friend got me into the hobby now I own 2...:p
Drove to LLL today and got hooked up with a baby Nosy Be. I already have 1 male(my first) and now have my second panther, yay! Only started this hobby months ago when I got the male and now I have a female(I'm pretty positive) so I am posting my setup of her cage, see if you guys like it. :)

Now, I know chams have problems with incorrect lighting so it probably is not a good idea to be playing around but I have an Ikea desk light that I'm using for heat so I am posting a picture of what the buld looks like bc it is comparable to a halogen bulb and i don't know if that is ok or not(its called a G9 40W halogen) so if you don't have an "absolutely sure" answer on the matter where else can i search or ask around? halogen bulbs..good or bad?:confused:

If you would like to see my other panther's set up I'll take some picks. They he is so neat to look at..love my chams :D (guess i should post one of him to introduce them both!)

Oh, and nice to meet you all in advance. I have been skimming through this forum for a bit but have not posted so...HELLO:eek:

Attachments

• DSC09877.jpg
    DSC09877.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC09875.jpg
    DSC09875.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC09880.jpg
    DSC09880.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC09817eye.jpg
    DSC09817eye.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC09822mac5.jpg
    DSC09822mac5.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 94
Welcome to CF The #1 information sites for chameleons on the net. There is alot of members that we call experts on here and the top breeders in the world are on here I you have any Q just ask and Im sure a lot of members will figure out what your question is. GOOD LUCK

O you might want to fill out how to ask for help just so every one on here can get to know your chameleon and its inclosure

Welcome and glad to have you join us.

The fourth picture is great, I had to search for the eye it locate your guy.

What type of uvb are you using, is it the long tube type? I couldn't tell. Also you need to add several horizontal vines or sticks for highways for the kids.

The Ikea lamp is not going to cut it-and it does not put out UVB. You need to get a linear tube-preferably Reptisun 5.0.

Got one laurie. sry i said i was using the 40W halogen for heat so i have a UVB bulb as well:eek:

I do need some vines..stuff is pricey...i will do that or something else, like duct-tape exposed electrical wires to the upper area..wtvr is cheapest lol.

Back
Top Bottom