New CB OE Parsons keeper

Mine doing good. Has a spot of old shed stuck on lip looks kinda funny. Starting to think how I want her next cage for inside. I have the frame I order already. Think I'm going to change the pole on side so it will be 6 high instead of 4 foot
That sounds great, share your progress on the enclosure (y)

They the same cages i posted about few months ago. I ordered enough tubing to make few cages. They cost a little but I think they worth the money compared to the price of good cages cost way more. I've changed few things from frist few.

Also let one build me an enclosure, that was cheaper then when I bought the materials myself and for the extra money wayyy better and bigger then the standard enclosures.

Just had another weighing session and Neo is now at 56 gram, that’s a weight gain of 20 gram and 10 gram per week.

The blue/greenish color is permanent right now.

3F0A0B2A-9DC4-46EC-8B0F-90C60C5BB41F.jpeg

Neo is now exactly 4 weeks in my care and it looks like it finally starts to settle in, meaning getting routine. Seeing it eat constantly, drink and poop. Luckily urates are completely white without any visible yellow or orange crystals. Still using the dripper during the day, but never seen it using it (constantly observing it through the camera). I can only assume that the heavy night fogging is doing its work. Eating from something "artificial" is still a no-go, preference is free range.

How I started to belief Neo was becoming a he, I more and more tend towards female at the moment.

We´re not the only ones that have noticed that hydration and appetite hang together @Jpeff see https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/jasonii-parsonii-questionii.124031/page-5 #87

An observations worth noting..
The first sign of dehydration seems to be reduced appetite. The appetite picks right back up after a good soaking and basking.
Frank is becoming really confident with me. In parsonsii speak that means that he is annoyed with me in 15 minutes instead of the 2 that Alan is. He has a spot that he sits in
when he wants to be hand fed. He is eating 80% of his food from my hand.
Frank will go to the drip to drink even if it moves. Alan will not drink if the drip is not right on his afternoon basking spot.

I only had one female that laid eggs....but she was gravid when I got her. I don't know if it was from a fresh mating though or from retained sperm. She had bright yellow dots... and some greenish blue dots and a darker background just before she laid the eggs.

She successfully laid her eggs but it was back when I first started keeping chameleons and I was told they should have hatched after a year of incubation and of course, they didn't. I threw them away after about 14 months thinking they were not fertile....even though they had not rotted or shown sign of not being good. It was one of the biggest regrets I had in all my chameleon keeping.

Live and learn I guess.😕

I only had one female that laid eggs....but she was gravid when I got her. I don't know if it was from a fresh mating though or from retained sperm. She had bright yellow dots... and some greenish blue dots and a darker background just before she laid the eggs.

She successfully laid her eggs but it was back when I first started keeping chameleons and I was told they should have hatched after a year of incubation and of course, they didn't. I threw them away after about 14 months thinking they were not fertile....even though they had not rotted or shown sign of not being good. It was one of the biggest regrets I had in all my chameleon keeping.

Live and learn I guess.😕
It’s constant live and learn with those little critters. Thanks for sharing your experience with them. Especially with these species, every shared personally experience is golden information.

Parson’s don’t get receptive colors. When they get that splotchy look it’s from stress.
Thanks for confirming, this was what I thought it would be, because she bloating herself up for the skin to rip open. A few minutes later she was back to normal coloring, happy to caught it in time to capture it.

Back
Top Bottom