New cage!!!

Bfrazi

So I went shopping today and came home with this!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 201
Congrats on your purchase. Was this something that you have been looking for / wanting? Or just a "wow, thats so cool"?

Either is perfectly fine, just be sure if was an impulse buy that you do some research right away.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/ here is a good start.

I would definitely get some live plants in there like you mentioned as your cham will need a lot more cover to feel safe.

**edit** my bad if you meant that you bought just the cage yesterday

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Ive been super busy with work and havent been able to go shopping much! Still no plants yet.

Contrary to above, yucca are poor choices, either true yucca or the Draceana commonly sold as yucca. They are dangerously sharp, require a good deal of light, and don't offer lateral branches or much benefit to the chameleons. Hibiscus is not a dangerous choice, but they also need full sun conditions and most find them hard to keep healthy long term.

Use ficus, Schefflera, pothos, miracle fruit trees, appropriate palms ( rhapis, cataractum, bamboo, parlor, and a few others ), aralias, and cinnamon trees for the cage. Most of those can be found online or in garden centers and are suited to chameleons and their habitats. The safe list suggest plants that are not toxic, they do not indicate the plant is suitable for use in chameleon habitats, as many are either impractical or won't survive in chameleon cages.

Back
Top Bottom