new cage build!

It's looking good! Thanks for answering my questions. The trick with the shower curtain is a good idea.

I'd recommend getting a cordless drill to make your doors. Making those holes by hand will take some doing and probably won't be as precise compared to what a power tool can do. Harbor Freight is my preferred spot to get cheap hardware, I just got a decent 16 volt drill there for $20. If you want something small and easy to manage then a little 6 volt drill should be enough to drill through PVC pipe. Something like this: http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00196101/

It's looking good! Thanks for answering my questions. The trick with the shower curtain is a good idea.

I'd recommend getting a cordless drill to make your doors. Making those holes by hand will take some doing and probably won't be as precise compared to what a power tool can do. Harbor Freight is my preferred spot to get cheap hardware, I just got a decent 16 volt drill there for $20. If you want something small and easy to manage then a little 6 volt drill should be enough to drill through PVC pipe. Something like this: http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00196101/
thanks so much for the suggestion! I will have to look into that soon ;)

Your doing awesome with this cage & have some great ideas. To add a little food for thought... I used a shower curtain at first too. It worked ok. I later discovered vinyl sheeting, you can get it just about anywhere that carries weather seals/plastic sheeting for doors & windows. Its about $10 at walmart. I like it because its very clear & much stronger. I also put it around 1 side of his cage to help keep the humidity in from time to time. Its easy to clean & I feel its lasted longer. Keep up the good work!!!

Your doing awesome with this cage & have some great ideas. To add a little food for thought... I used a shower curtain at first too. It worked ok. I later discovered vinyl sheeting, you can get it just about anywhere that carries weather seals/plastic sheeting for doors & windows. Its about $10 at walmart. I like it because its very clear & much stronger. I also put it around 1 side of his cage to help keep the humidity in from time to time. Its easy to clean & I feel its lasted longer. Keep up the good work!!!
thanks so much! i'll be sure to buy some

it's been a really long time, but the cage is much closer to being finished!

yesterday my mom and I added branches to the inside of the cage and put a couple of vincent's vines into the cage. i put him in some plants nearby while we worked on it and put him in there to sleep once we were done in the evening
today after i headed off to school, my mom put in some of his pothos plants, set up his basking light, and put screen on the top and bottom so that he wouldn't escape while she was at work. (thanks mom :))

we had to move little vin over to the bigger cage asap because he was really cramped and was rubbing his chin against the top of his old cage trying to get out :(.he has a little bit of irritated skin so i got some polysporin and am applying it as needed.

this is all a temporary set up. we still need to get more plants and vines in there, secure the screen at the top, get his drainage system situated, and set up his uvb light and probably another basking light. the lights will all go on top of the screen because i do not want a burned lizard :p

thanks for reading! i appreciate any suggestions, comments, and questions!

11-07-16.jpg
11-07-16a.jpg
11-07-16b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom