New cage build and drainage

reptoman

Avid Member
Thought I would share my latest addition. I finally got my carpet chams that I have been wanting so made a new setup. The drainage is PVC shower pan liner with a $6 drain in the middle. Frame around that is cedar..
For the cage each of the 3 sections are 21 deep, 15 wide, 32 tall. The front frame of the cages is mahogany with painted pegboard for the back and partitions. The rest is aluminum screen with plastic corners.
I ended up having to cover the side walls of the center section with landscape fabric and a bamboo shade cut to size. I did not think about how large a 1/4" hole is for such a small cham. The last pic is of one of the males going crazy trying to get at the female through the holes in the pegboard. It was cool seeing those excited colors for a little while though.:D

Last edited:
I am so happy my carpets came to you. The new home look wonderful. You & terry will love those two. They are just cute.

Cages look great! How many chameleons do you have? I can see other cages in the pic!!

Thanks Carol. I have -
1.1 Blue Bar Ambilobe + 19 babies! 2.1 F. Lat. Lat

Thank you too Laurie! The pair are great. I can't wait to see them grow!

Last edited:
This is exactly why I signed on today.... I am currently building 3 cages for some new members of the family and i've been stuck on the idea for drainage... I like this alot.. So Thanks! much appreciated.. :D

Back
Top Bottom