new cage 2day yay

inchs how many bulbs do i need and does anyonekno if incents r bad 4 chams

Just trying to clarify, are you asking if incense is bad for your chameleon or if incandescents are bad for your chameleon? Or, were you actually asking about "incents," as in incentives, for your chameleon? Like a 401k, bonuses or possibly dental insurance?

Either way, I don't believe offering any of these three would be beneficial to any chameleon. :D

I hear incandescent bulbs can be hard on our chams eyes. Go with a Reptisun 5.0 linear (meaning long n skinny, not short n curly) bulb so your little buddy can get good UVB. Besides this, you need a basking bulb... someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but won't a basic 75W household light bulb work for this? Non-compact florescent, correct?

Also, if you want plants to thrive in you may want to think about supplementing some more light. They say if you get a linear florescent with a 6500k+ rating, your plants should do well if you plan on using live plants. If you're going to get the 6500k bulb too, you should get a cheap double florescent fixture from Home Depot or Lowes made for T8s, then put both your repti-sun 5.0 & your 6500k bulb (you can get this bulb from lowes/home-depot too) in the same fixture.

I'll be getting a chameleon this summer sometime too! Trying to read as much as I can on this forum before I do so I've got everything down packed. This is a great web-site!! :)

Good luck!!!

Incadescent bulbs are household bulbs. Incandescent refers to a filament vs flourescent. What you are thinking of is coil flourescent bulbs. Some of those have shown to be bad for a chams eyes.

What's your chams name...."Cannabis"
Better yet if it's a male name him "Big Bamboo"
Bob

Last edited:
Just trying to clarify, are you asking if incense is bad for your chameleon or if incandescents are bad for your chameleon? Or, were you actually asking about "incents," as in incentives, for your chameleon? Like a 401k, bonuses or possibly dental insurance?

Either way, I don't believe offering any of these three would be beneficial to any chameleon. :D

I hear incandescent bulbs can be hard on our chams eyes. Go with a Reptisun 5.0 linear (meaning long n skinny, not short n curly) bulb so your little buddy can get good UVB. Besides this, you need a basking bulb... someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but won't a basic 75W household light bulb work for this? Non-compact florescent, correct?

Also, if you want plants to thrive in you may want to think about supplementing some more light. They say if you get a linear florescent with a 6500k+ rating, your plants should do well if you plan on using live plants. If you're going to get the 6500k bulb too, you should get a cheap double florescent fixture from Home Depot or Lowes made for T8s, then put both your repti-sun 5.0 & your 6500k bulb (you can get this bulb from lowes/home-depot too) in the same fixture.

I'll be getting a chameleon this summer sometime too! Trying to read as much as I can on this forum before I do so I've got everything down packed. This is a great web-site!! :)

Good luck!!!

i was talking about the ones u burn tht smell nice and i wasnt saying like have one burning next to his cage but just n the room a its ahuge room connected to the kitchen with a fan

i was talking about the ones u burn tht smell nice and i wasnt saying like have one burning next to his cage but just n the room a its ahuge room connected to the kitchen with a fan

you should realy give it good thought about where a safe place is you can put your cage in. i believe that you shouldnt use cleaning polishes, colonges and perfumes, etc. in your animal rooms. not even air freshners. and in a room with a fan, it spreads a good distant.

Yeah i keep all air fresheners and candles away from the chams. I treat them the same way I would an exotic bird. Which is nothing that emits any type of burning oils comes anywhere near my animals. I dont even clean the oven if my chams are in the house as it can and will kill a bird due to fumes.

k thank u 4 the advice i will make sure to put my chams out in the shed when i get the bulbs vines and other things tht i still need.

Back
Top Bottom