New any suggestions?????

if i was you i would get a uvb flourecent 5.0 as soon as possible, i am experimenting right now with the new zoomed compact flourescent 5.0 lightbulb that fits in a incandesent fixture.

Will Hayward said:
What do you mean by Bulb light?

The 5.0 is a florescent tube light.
Heat lamps are incandescent bulbs.

AHH now i see the light, sry I dont know these light terms.....Im learning

thx

now i have to return my one light and get the other

Most all of the responses here are right on.

1) Get rid of the waterfall.... it's a haven for bacteria.
2) All screen cage
3) You have a montane species who typically likes cooler temperatures and a lot of water and humidity. Some montane species like to drink right from your sprayer if you hand spray. They get a lot of water this way. Keep this in mind.
4) Offer a basking light of a lower wattage (50-75 watt), lots of foliage, and they can regulate their own temperature needs this way.
5) I doubt Walmart has a UVB bulb for reptiles. I'd recommend either ordering online or going to a petshop that sells reptiles. You should be able to find a Zoo-med UVB bulb for your florescent light fixture.
6) Two crickets in the morning and two in the afternoon probably aren't enough for their diet needs. Add variety to their diet and if full grown adults, I'd recommend at least 5-6 full grown crickets a day.
7) Use a good gutload to feed your crickets and worms. Wild-Eye Reptiles has a good gutload for a decent price and good service. Add vegetables to your feeders as well (carrots, kale, broccali, etc). This helps provide good nutrients to your chameleon and it also provides a water source for your feeders. What your feeders eat, your chameleon eats :).

You've come to the right place! Good luck on your new chameleon :) .

Prism Chameleons said:
Most all of the responses here are right on.

1) Get rid of the waterfall.... it's a haven for bacteria.
2) All screen cage
3) You have a montane species who typically likes cooler temperatures and a lot of water and humidity. Some montane species like to drink right from your sprayer if you hand spray. They get a lot of water this way. Keep this in mind.
4) Offer a basking light of a lower wattage (50-75 watt), lots of foliage, and they can regulate their own temperature needs this way.
5) I doubt Walmart has a UVB bulb for reptiles. I'd recommend either ordering online or going to a petshop that sells reptiles. You should be able to find a Zoo-med UVB bulb for your florescent light fixture.
6) Two crickets in the morning and two in the afternoon probably aren't enough for their diet needs. Add variety to their diet and if full grown adults, I'd recommend at least 5-6 full grown crickets a day.
7) Use a good gutload to feed your crickets and worms. Wild-Eye Reptiles has a good gutload for a decent price and good service. Add vegetables to your feeders as well (carrots, kale, broccali, etc). This helps provide good nutrients to your chameleon and it also provides a water source for your feeders. What your feeders eat, your chameleon eats :).

You've come to the right place! Good luck on your new chameleon :) .

awsome info thx......yeh my girlfriend is picking me up a 24" reptisun 5.0 flourescent bulb tonight, and i have gut load and i feed my crickets potatos ill try some of those other vegetibles like you said, also...were can i get an automatic mister i tried lowe's and home depot.......

Back
Top Bottom